Public (OOC) > Tech discussion

NWN: EE has no brightness options, and the server is too dark :(

(1/3) > >>

BonkemBerin:
Hey everyone, I've played here off and on for the past couple of years and I just wanted to get this off my chest. I believe the darkness on the server is too intense at times, and it even dims a light spell or items that cast light. Here is a screenshot of my char with light on her in the forest:

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/258917826293661696/537953999081570304/unknown.png

Even my dark vision character can't see much. On top of it all, I have very poor eyes IRL :(

This happens all the time where I basically bump into every single enemy along the way and I wonder if there is some way to adjust brightness of the game itself. I never complained in the past because the classic NWN allowed brightness to change, but now I am entirely blind. I found a way to at least change brightness through my Nvidia Control Panel, but it makes my entire screen go to town with it.

Any ideas, suggestions, or thoughts welcome. This seems more like a technical issue so I thought I'd post it here.

Soulray:
Not really a feature they advertise or have in the settings yet for some reason, but you can type "Gamma (number)" in console to change the gamma, with 2.2 being the default value. You can access the console by pressing the ~ key. Also, make sure the G in Gamma is capitalized, else it wont work. Hope this helped.

Purist:
Pressing and holding TAB gives everything interact-able with a colored aura. You must realize that at this point of course. You can try and getting used to use that as a sonar to spot enemies before you're onto them.

BonkemBerin:
Hey :)

Thanks, that's helpful! Well - kind of anyway. Tilde doesn't work for me, but I googled and it said that you can just do "##" before a command as well.

So for me it was "##Gamma 2.2" or "##Gamma 1.2"

Thanks for pushing me in the right direction here. Very much appreciated :)

Soulray:
Oh, that's odd that it doesn't work. Well, I'm glad that you figured it out, regardless. Have fun and hope to see you on the server! :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version