Suggestions, Feedback & Bug Reports (OOC) > Module Feedback and Suggestions

Testing the New Shaders

(1/3) > >>

Phantasia:
As Soren released a new preview of his shaders through overrides, I thought I'd open up a topic to better keep track of compare/contrast screenshots.

Primarily, my interest/concern lies with the differences with vibrance enabled/disabled. As of now, there is an enormous difference (at least for me) concerning yellows/oranges with vibrance turned on. It can be quite overbearing, and has a pretty negative effect on black reflective colors; potentially metallic colors as a whole. It will require some testing, but this is what I've come up with so far in a variety of areas.

Vibrance on/off respectively:

OOC room:

Spoiler: show

Chinatown:

Lady's Rest:

Outskirps:

Forrest:

Vallaki:

Temple w/braziers:

As can possibly be seen, some areas benefit greatly from vibrance, while others become, in my opinion, entirely muted.
This could be because the day is quite hazy out and it will require further testing.
*Vibrance seems to do far better out doors than it does inside. The yellows can become rather saturating.
**General area lighting differences seem solid and rather noticeable when cast on the character model.

Though this is more than open to the rest of the community to submit their shared experiences with the new test shaders. Will post more later. Could use some caverns and just about anywhere else. Clear days, nights, etc.

Soren / Zarathustra217:
Thanks for the input :)

To others interested, you can download the package here to test yourself: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1A0A4GSJjk-2NSp_-mYXVJ-WOYQE2NThM

I normally don't play with the vibrance shader myself, but I can imagine that it might need some tweaking to adjust to these changes. I'll look into that.

ILLY6666:
I feel they made the vibrance shader too damn vibrant. It just ends up hurting my eyes so I never use it. Maybe if it could be halved in intensity it would actually be nice to use.

Phantasia:
Messing with some armor reflections (original content and also community):

Soren / Zarathustra217:
BTW you can adjust the vibrance with the console command "vibrance_vibrance". The default is 0.7.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version