Suggestions, Feedback & Bug Reports (OOC) > Fixed Bugs

Invisible summon creature 6

(1/2) > >>

Fungal Artillery:
Name: Invisible Summon Creature 6 (VI)

Where: Barovia, Dementlieu, Har'Akir, Hazlan (At least, I have not tested this in every domain)

When: When casting Summon Creature 6 (VI) in Barovia, Dementlieu, Har'Akir or Hazlan.

What: This does not happen every time, but often enough for me to report this. Summoned creatures do not have visible models and are untargetable except for their party icons. This happens at least with the following summons:
-Barovia, Dementlieu: Dire Wolf Pack Leader
-Har'Akir: Dire Crocodile
-Hazlan: Greater Basilisk
I have not tested it elsewhere. The model will sometimes become visible after transitioning to another map, but not every time.

Recreate: Summon Creature 6 (VI) in Barovia, Dementlieu, Har'Akir or Hazlan.

Ideas: The invisible model could be related to creature size, if they've been altered to be bigger? I think that's been the root of problems elsewhere.

Images of the bug:
https://i.imgur.com/2LE9MQn.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/2Tuz69z.jpg

Edit: Added in Dementlieu, which also uses the Dire Wolf Pack Leader. Same bug occurs.

EO:
These should be fixed in my next update.

EO:
These should now be fixed.

CorruptiveAries:
I've still encountered this bug when I've used the spell. I haven't tried it in other domains but Barovia for sure. When I hop into another area it's fine but yeah, still happening sadly  :(

zDark Shadowz:
Might just be the invisible creature bug thats almost impossible to recreate, usually requires relogging to fix (cant do that with a summon) or moving to a new area. The creature isnt actually "invisible" in terms of missing models, its just the players' game application has failed to render the creature. Other players may still be able to see it though they are just as susceptible.

Short of forcing some way to render the creature again after a summon for the PC dont think there's an easy fix. Its a bug that doesnt get addressed on beamdog because they want steps to reproduce. This bug happens with great ogre crushers, aberrant assassin bugs and all sorts of fun things.

Not a new bug for NWN but custom stuff tends to be more affected than regular. As you've indicated, it doesn't happen every time.. but when it does its notable and troublesome.

If you're able to attempt to recreate this again, and if you have Baleful Polymorph or something similar to target your summon via the party list, could you check if the polymorph forces it to show up? If it does then maybe a possible fix would be a skin change or something after spawning in, perhaps applied as a companion-related @command.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version