Author Topic: Unable to move (attn DMs)  (Read 1408 times)

Emerald Snow

• New to the Mists
Unable to move (attn DMs)
« on: January 17, 2019, 12:31:08 AM »
Hey guys, it's been years, but hi!  I logged in with Katerina Zariska today, and I can't move or interact at all, except to control UI functions, like accessing journal, leveling character, etc (those all work), but interacting with inventory is non-responsive, as is any attempt to move or click on objects in an attempt to move. Any ideas on what I can try, to resolve this? Thanks!

~ Ems
« Last Edit: January 17, 2019, 03:59:05 PM by Emerald Snow »

Jeebs

• Dark Lord
Re: Unable to move
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2019, 12:52:26 AM »
It's because the server has detected that you logged in with a different CD key (I assume the last time you played was pre-EE) so it won't let you move until you've entered your password. If you can't remember what it is, then you'll more than likely have to contact a DM for assistance.

Emerald Snow

• New to the Mists
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2019, 04:54:56 AM »
I took another look at the feedback screen once logging in, and you're right. I don't know what password it wants, so I'll probably have to get DM help. Thank you for replying  :)
« Last Edit: January 17, 2019, 05:01:11 AM by Emerald Snow »

Nemesis 24

• Dark Power
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2019, 05:02:49 AM »
Its a weird second layer of security on the server.  On character creation in Diamond days, you had to create a login on character creation for character authentication, to prevent anyone logging in with your character.

With EE, that is not necessary, as the CD key is now logged with Steam, however the issue remains due to the carry over of the old Diamond security system.  In your case, you've logged in and thankfully you've not had the issue of others where your login wasn't working, and logged in immediately.  However, despite getting past Steam's security, you've now encountered Diamonds old security system (which remains in place) and have to use the login you created way back when.  To log in, use @login (password without brackets) if you can remember what you used.  If you cannot, a DM can come in and reset your password if you go to the Generic Requests thread on the forums and log who you need the help with, if you can't get a DM in game.