Author Topic: Druid Shift 'Panther'  (Read 1880 times)

SunZhao

• New to the Mists
Druid Shift 'Panther'
« on: January 01, 2019, 09:22:45 PM »
I've noticed after the most recent update. (Perhaps that has nothing to do with it, but I've used it previously beforehand.)

The 'Dire' Panther form doesnt work anymore, cannot test the regular panther as I dont have it.
It performs the sound and animation, gives the spell failure, but form and stats don't shift over.
Bear, Wolf, Badger and Boar work as intended.

Thank you!
SunZhao

EO

• Assistant Head DM/Developer
  • Head DMs
  • Dark Power
  • The one and only, the one everyone wants to be!
Re: Druid Shift 'Panther'
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2019, 09:24:35 PM »
Yikes! Thanks for the report. I'll fix this. It's because in the next hak update, we'll convert the panther form to a puma (same stats, just a different look).

Lucadia

• Dark Power
  • Feral Mystic
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2019, 12:15:56 AM »
why are we removing panther model when its classic ? Kinda ruins my rp as totem druid thats a panther.

EO

• Head DMs
  • Dark Power
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2019, 12:35:39 AM »
why are we removing panther model when its classic ? Kinda ruins my rp as totem druid thats a panther.

Thematically it doesn't fit (and never really did in NwN), especially with the new forms being added for the different environments.

zDark Shadowz

« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2019, 12:58:51 AM »
Totem druid..? Could unique totem items that set an integer check on the player be used to alter form appearances for no mechanical benefit? Like a set of obsidian figurines based on the zodiac, or uthgardt
« Last Edit: January 02, 2019, 01:00:35 AM by zDark Shadowz »

EO

• Head DMs
  • Dark Power
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2019, 01:00:47 AM »
Totem druid..? Could unique totem items that set an integer check on the player be used to alter form appearances for no mechanical benefit? Like a set of obsidian figurines based on the zodiac..

It's not supported here; iirc Totem druids are from Eberron.

Lucadia

• Dark Power
  • Feral Mystic
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2019, 02:11:44 PM »
Totem druids are not from ebberon. It was basic  alternate path giving n a dragon magazine for 3.5 . Also ravenloft has panthers not including vampires that can turn into that form, and number o werepanthers. Puma makes even less sense.

EO

• Head DMs
  • Dark Power
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2019, 12:18:54 AM »
Totem druids are not from ebberon. It was basic  alternate path giving n a dragon magazine for 3.5 . Also ravenloft has panthers not including vampires that can turn into that form, and number o werepanthers. Puma makes even less sense.

They're still not supported. In any case, sorry, it's not puma but rather cougar that will replace the panther.

Jeebs

• Dark Lord
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2019, 01:03:30 AM »
Cougars and pumas are the same thing, aren't they? Either way, it's a fitting shape/companion for a place like Barovia. I don't know that it should replace the panther completely, but I suppose sometimes these things boil down to one or the other.

urathraviel

• Dark Lord
« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2019, 02:26:05 AM »
I do believe cougar and puma are the same thing since their Latin name is puma concalor.

In any case, panther isn't a species. Panther is a name for a coat colour. So if you were the puma concalor variant of panther, nothing but coat colour has changed. There are also leopards and jaguars that could have been what the panther was, these species are very different from eachother in behaviour iirc.

Edit: since panther is usually confused with the puma concalor, as it has many informal names, (cougar, mountain lion, screamer cat, panther), i suspect the initial creators of nwn did intend it was puma concalor.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2019, 02:35:08 AM by urathraviel »

zDark Shadowz

« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2019, 06:07:00 PM »
Ive tested this with regular panther form, same issues. Polymorph effect occurs & I can unpolymorph but character model doesn't change, I just end up getting healed a bit.

EO

• Head DMs
  • Dark Power
« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2019, 11:52:18 AM »
This should now be fixed.