Author Topic: Suggestion: Follow Mode To Allow Players to Carry corpses  (Read 1430 times)

Onasaki

• Outlander
  • Adiik darasuum...
Suggestion: Follow Mode To Allow Players to Carry corpses
« on: January 08, 2019, 05:39:24 PM »
So you've all run into the problem. You go into a dungeon, everything's going good, and then suddenly one wrong roll and half the party is dead and the lowbie who hid in the shadows with his invisibility spell comes out of the mess and tries to grab whomever he can. But, ho, the rogue also survived! The two of them were accompanied by a burly human warrior who now lay crumpled on the ground.

So they test to see who's strength is higher, and who can move the fastest with the corpse. While the rogue had a 12 strength, the Wizard had pointed out that the Rogue's stealth wasn't as good as it could be. He suggested using invis, and muffle on himself to carry it, despite how slow it moved him. The rogue doesn't think the Wizard should do it, because he only has a Str of 9. They suggest casting it on the rogue, but the wizard is worried about breaking his own spell to cast it.

So they're stuck trying to figure out how best to do this, then decide ultimately to run for help.

Now, 9 out of 10 of you have probably been in this kind of situation right?

So my suggestion is, how about when 'follow' is initiated and as long as a player remains X distance from the other player, could it be possible to impliment a system that allows players to work together to carry the heavier corpses? This way it there's some element of realism, and people who are weigh a ton aren't left waiting in the afterlife for three hours while their friends figure out how to reclaim their corpse.

Basically the idea, is allowing two players to combine their strength mods (or scores) to carry a large corpse together. At like a slower then walk speed, but faster then holycrapencumbered movement?

I'm not sure how these kinds of systems normally work, but I figured I'd drop it in here.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2019, 05:41:18 PM by Onasaki »

-=Rilan Indoran=- -=Enzo=-

Silas Rotleaf

• Dark Lord
  • Space cat!
Re: Suggestion: Follow Mode To Allow Players to Carry corpses
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2019, 08:35:54 AM »
That would be really neat if a group could share the load but like party function is disabled so not super sure how you would mechanically implement it...

Onasaki

• Outlander
  • Adiik darasuum...
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2019, 10:32:14 AM »
Well, it wasn't even the Party Function I was referring too. I was talking about the auto-follow function, in the rightclick menu, but if that fall into the same category then the same problem ensues. Either way there might be some means of jury-rigging it. *shrug*

Maybe corpse weights should just be dropped by half, all across the board. Since we can't literally drag a corpse, there has to be some liberty we can take so that it doesn't take not only an assload of backtracking to get help. Or taking 3 RL hours to walk from point A to point B with a corpse that weighs half a ton because of armor and equipment, and you're walking like 1 step per 5 seconds of animation. The easiest route is to just always take a healer, but sometimes those aren't available.

I dunno, I think there's something here we can probably do to make this function at least somewhat workable.

-=Rilan Indoran=- -=Enzo=-

Arawn

• Developers and
  • Dark Power
  • Gwrandewch ar y cwn.
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2019, 10:59:41 AM »
Stock up on potions of Freedom.
Hir yw'r dydd a hir yw'r nos, a hir yw aros Arawn.

Iridni Ren

• L'injustice à la fin produit l'indépendance.
  • Dark Power
  • When all other lights go out
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2019, 11:05:10 AM »
Maybe corpse weights should just be dropped by half, all across the board.

Two words: Magic Bag :)

My windows cracked, but they can be replaced.
Your arm will tire throwing stones my way.

Ard

• Undead Slayer
  • Exploit theoretician
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2019, 12:35:08 PM »
burn corpse to make it skull
0.5 lbs !!
money tho...

Arawn

• Developers and
  • Dark Power
  • Gwrandewch ar y cwn.
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2019, 12:40:15 PM »
burn corpse to make it skull
0.5 lbs !!
money tho...

Don't do this. Burning a corpse counts as PvP.
Hir yw'r dydd a hir yw'r nos, a hir yw aros Arawn.

Iluvatar / Madness

• Ex-Community Council
  • Developers
  • Dark Power
  • The Madness
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2019, 01:34:30 PM »
Also makes raising someone a lot more expensive if you were trying to save them... also no one would burn their friend to save them really...
Iluvatar
Iluvatar-2
Iluvatar NCE
Madness

haifisch021

• Undead Master
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2019, 07:04:06 PM »
no one would burn their friend to save them really...

Burn the heretic. Save their soul.  :twisted:
Me miserable! which way shall I fly
Infinite wrath and infinite despair?
Which way I fly is hell; myself am hell;
And in the lowest deep a lower deep,
Still threat’ning to devour me, opens wide,
To which the hell I suffer seems a heaven.

Silas Rotleaf

• Dark Lord
  • Space cat!
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2019, 11:31:49 AM »
Burning the corpse to reduce carry weight? What an excellent way to make a dead person’s spirit even saltier!