You have been taken by the Mists

Author Topic: Transition Catapulting - Barovia - Old Svalich Road - Old Inn  (Read 970 times)

Syied

• Undead Slayer
  • Back from the Mists.
Transition Catapulting - Barovia - Old Svalich Road - Old Inn
« on: December 31, 2018, 06:09:20 PM »
Transition Catapulting - Barovia - Old Svalich Road - Old Inn

The bug occurred when transitioning from the zone east of Old Inn going west into the Old Inn zone. Specifically, the method of transition was using the drive move (WASD; W) to manually walk forward into the blue transition area. I've seen this happen before in NWN, also when using the drive mode of movement rather than clicking the transition.

The result was that my character was launched at light speed from the east side of the Old Inn map to the edge of the west side, which landed my PC on a hill behind the inn building from where there is no way down. I have no idea how to recreate the bug, but my general suspicion is that the game/server gets confused about the trajectory of the PC and how long/far it's moved and when it should have started moving. Or something like that, I dunno.

An idea was suggested that a ramp on the hill be built in this particular location (and maybe locations like this where this bug is known to occur) so that, in case a PC is launched onto a hill and otherwise couldn't get down.

EO

• Assistant Head DM/Developer
  • Head DMs
  • Dark Power
  • The one and only, the one everyone wants to be!
Re: Transition Catapulting - Barovia - Old Svalich Road - Old Inn
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2019, 11:49:55 AM »
This general bug should be fixed. Can anyone report it if it happens again?