You have been taken by the Mists

Author Topic: More helmet models request  (Read 3641 times)

Arie

• New to the Mists
More helmet models request
« on: December 30, 2018, 04:25:10 PM »
Hello,

After browsing the many helmet options within PoTM, I've yet to see ones that I really enjoy. I stumbled upon a helmet pack on Neverwinter Vault that has one I really enjoy though. The pack seems to be made by the same person who's robe options are already on the server too!

https://neverwintervault.org/project/nwn1/hakpak/original-hakpak/eurgigas-helm-pack

I know there's no guarantee that it'll be added but I thought it best to ask anyway.

Thank you!  :)

Silas Rotleaf

• Dark Lord
  • Space cat!
Re: More helmet models request
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2019, 02:51:17 PM »
Would there be any way to make an open faced or half-helmet?

modderpunk

• Developers
  • Dark Lord
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2019, 02:01:31 AM »
Helmet models replace head models so no. You can have them as effects like the tricorn hat or bandana but then they would not give any bennefit and probably look weird on a lot of heads

Building out off the mists

Revenant

• Noot Noot
  • Dark Lord
  • Stealth/Detection Cognoscenti
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2019, 08:38:26 PM »
Eurgigas does fine work; if possible, I think the "fur" necks from their neck pack would be a great addition, even if most of the other necks might be a bit theatric for a Gothic Horror setting.

Aside from a fabulous vampire count, of course.
Vicerimus Mortem.

Arie

• New to the Mists
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2019, 10:45:08 PM »
Helmet models replace head models so no. You can have them as effects like the tricorn hat or bandana but then they would not give any bennefit and probably look weird on a lot of heads

Ah, I was wondering this too. Thanks for the answer.

At least this pack has a couple of helmets I do enjoy. :D

Arie

• New to the Mists
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2019, 01:41:57 AM »
It's not a helmet but after seeing the exotic wonders shop in Vallaki, and those ogre mages dressed in this type or armor (as well as some other enemies), I think https://neverwintervault.org/project/nwn1/hakpak/original-hakpak/oriental-clothing-armour would be a nice fit as well for characters aiming for that style.

(I did not want to create another post requesting something, so decided to just bump my original).

ILLY6666

• Undead Master
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2019, 08:39:42 AM »
It's not a helmet but after seeing the exotic wonders shop in Vallaki, and those ogre mages dressed in this type or armor (as well as some other enemies), I think https://neverwintervault.org/project/nwn1/hakpak/original-hakpak/oriental-clothing-armour would be a nice fit as well for characters aiming for that style.

(I did not want to create another post requesting something, so decided to just bump my original).

All of those helmets exist in-game to my awareness. But not all the clothing models. The samurai armor does (it's a robe).
"What is a day, without  a blessed night?
And what is peace, without a blessed fight?"

Arie

• New to the Mists
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2019, 06:19:30 PM »

All of those helmets exist in-game to my awareness. But not all the clothing models. The samurai armor does (it's a robe).

That specific one does? I browse robes daily (I change my outfit almost every day) and have no seen it. There is one western/oriental mixed one, but it isn't that one shown. But if you are sure, I'd love to know which numbered robe option it is.

Luthor

• New to the Mists
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2019, 03:00:12 AM »
I bump this, I've cycled the helmets time and time again, so many of them are similar and honestly I rarely see many of them in use. I'm thinking more cloth and mask options at least.
~ Luthor

Ard

• Undead Slayer
  • Exploit theoretician
« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2019, 03:34:22 AM »
I will bring this thread back to life.
Lots of helmet models are silly looking, and most used ones are the "hood" ones, and the "hood & mask ones" , sometimes "elven helmet" , rarely "human head helmet" and "animal" ones, depending on the character. BUT the rest are just useless. Who will wear a helmet with a zombie head with eye falling off  , or those ones with some sort of head or mask and a whole damn temple on it. Who would even wear such?  Or those bugbears ones. These have no purpose imo.
I tried to choose yesterday a new model, but found out i have nothing to choose from without looking silly.
There are like at least 100 of those available that has no purpose or useless.

I would suggest either introducing the "option 0" like in cloacks , or adding some more relevant helmets..
« Last Edit: February 21, 2019, 03:36:04 AM by Ard »

Troukk

• Dark Power
« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2019, 07:12:51 AM »
Option 0 would be amazing (especially in a RP environment like this one) but if I'm not mistaken it's not possible because in NWN the helmet replaces your head model, so a transparent helmet would render you headless.
Not all who wander are lost.

Ard

• Undead Slayer
  • Exploit theoretician
« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2019, 08:56:08 AM »
I'm 0 in modding , but arelith for example has this, the 0 option.

Would it be a solution then, maybe, to add all the head models as "helmet models" ? With "skin head color"  having "Leather 1" possibility of coloring, and "hair color" having "Cloth 1" , as an example ? Would this be possible as a replacement for those helmet models which are not used ?

Jeebs

• Dark Lord
« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2019, 08:09:07 PM »
Much as I agree that a great many of the helmet models just look utterly silly, I'm not sure I'd want the option to make a helmet invisible either. Unless I'm misunderstanding what you mean by an "option 0". I feel like if you're wearing a helmet, then you should look like you're wearing a helmet. I don't even like the idea that some people modify their helmets to look like hoods though I understand the rationale that the helmet is being worn under the hood in that case. Personally what I would like is to have hoods completely replaced with something that works like the bandana. For one it wouldn't turn your face into an inscrutable black pit as a hood shouldn't be doing that anyways and it would also allow people to actually wear a helmet and put up their hoods.

Ard

• Undead Slayer
  • Exploit theoretician
« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2019, 01:09:19 AM »
Helmet under hood , rationale ? Sorry but its sillier then "whole temple on head" helmet, and noone never ever rp'd it like this.

I get it its impossible the "option 0" helmet (i mean like for cloacks, to not be shown and just the head to be shown) and as it is not possible and make the char headless, I gave the idea of implementing the head models into helmet models.
And i understand the idea of "have a helmet equipped - have a helmet ig" , but won't it be better to just close eyes about it, make a small sacrifice and for once and for all get rid of all characters having hoodies? After all this is a small close to insignificant meaning counted in RP.

Bandanas won't be a great improvement, it'll just make half of players to go being "priates" rather then "hooders", and circlets and all other head accessories would be harder to implement as helmet models.....i guess.

FinalHeaven

• Ba'al Verzi
  • The Underworld
  • Dark Power
  • dat boi
« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2019, 01:43:20 AM »
The best option is to simply not worry about what other people chose to wear.

It's also not impossible to do the "Option 0", Arelith does it.  It's just a matter of if a similar method would work here on potm.

modderpunk

• Developers
  • Dark Lord
« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2019, 02:27:13 AM »
Personally what I would like is to have hoods completely replaced with something that works like the bandana. For one it wouldn't turn your face into an inscrutable black pit as a hood shouldn't be doing that anyways and it would also allow people to actually wear a helmet and put up their hoods.

This is impossible for the same reasons that open or half helmets arent possible. Effect headwear (like the bandana) cannot have properties.

Jeebs

• Dark Lord
« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2019, 02:46:59 AM »
I wasn't talking about hoods having properties. Those properties would be on your helmet if you're wearing one. The hood would just be an extension of your cloak, robe or clothing so any properties it might have would technically be on your cloak or armour. The only issue I could see with that is colour-matching them to your outfit since I don't think you can dye that kind of item.

modderpunk

• Developers
  • Dark Lord
« Reply #17 on: February 22, 2019, 09:33:24 AM »
I dont know if such an effect is available. If you can find one that is free to use we might consider adding it in a next hak update. (same by the way for helmet options) But i doubt it will replace the current hoods as people will still want to wear a 'helmet'

EO

• Assistant Head DM/Developer
  • Head DMs
  • Dark Power
  • The one and only, the one everyone wants to be!
« Reply #18 on: February 26, 2019, 10:33:28 PM »
We’ll add the ones in the original post if there are no issues when testing them.

Revenant

• Noot Noot
  • Dark Lord
« Reply #19 on: February 27, 2019, 04:06:16 AM »
Vicerimus Mortem.

EO

• Assistant Head DM/Developer
  • Head DMs
  • Dark Power
  • The one and only, the one everyone wants to be!

Arie

• New to the Mists
« Reply #21 on: February 27, 2019, 01:00:39 PM »
We’ll add the ones in the original post if there are no issues when testing them.

Woo! Awesome to hear. Thanks.

Revenant

• Noot Noot
  • Dark Lord
Vicerimus Mortem.

Arawn

• Developers and
  • Dark Power
  • Gwrandewch ar y cwn.
« Reply #23 on: February 27, 2019, 03:43:07 PM »
Hir yw'r dydd a hir yw'r nos, a hir yw aros Arawn.

Revenant

• Noot Noot
  • Dark Lord
« Reply #24 on: February 28, 2019, 04:19:54 PM »
Radical. Thank you, father.
Vicerimus Mortem.