Author Topic: Steam/Cd key login problems  (Read 1374 times)

The Great Unclean One

• New to the Mists
  • Resident Alien
Steam/Cd key login problems
« on: December 29, 2018, 08:12:03 PM »
Recently I bought NWN:EE for my wife (Morning_93 on the forums) so we could both play on our accounts together again (Rortaug and Morning), but as I tested both accounts on the laptop I would play on I noticed that the main computer could no longer log onto either player name with the message 'player name is in use' coming up when trying to log on.

After some testing I realized the problem was the two different cd keys given to us from Steam. For some reason I can only log onto the server using my wife's cd key for both player names, despite us having bought two separate NWN:EE copies on two different Steam accounts and despite my having played on the server earlier on my Steam account's cd key and with my player name.
The Chaos Gods did nothing wrong!

The Great Unclean One

• New to the Mists
  • Resident Alien
Re: Steam/Cd key login problems
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2019, 04:01:45 PM »
If the problem can't be fixed we're okay with transferring the characters to a new player name.
The Chaos Gods did nothing wrong!

Iluvatar / Madness

• Ex-Community Council
  • Developers
  • Dark Power
  • The Madness
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2019, 04:32:06 PM »
Pretty sure I had answered to this, but it seems I didn't, there is indeed a problem with CD key being tied to player name making impossible at the moment to use an account with more than one CD key, the solution for now is transferring the character to an account you have access with the CD key you are using.

To do that, you will have to PM Zarathustra217 with all the information required to make such a transfer.
- Source player account
- Target player account
« Last Edit: January 07, 2019, 05:15:00 PM by Iluvatar »
Iluvatar
Iluvatar-2
Iluvatar NCE
Madness

The Great Unclean One

• New to the Mists
  • Resident Alien
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2019, 04:37:22 PM »