Author Topic: Domain request.  (Read 703 times)

Destinysdesire

• Vallaki Guards
  • Dark Lord
Domain request.
« on: December 30, 2018, 06:21:39 AM »
At the moment to my understanding (which could be wrong), the Salvation Domain is only available to followers of the Morninglord. While I understand the concept, I would like to request this be opened up to Clerics of Ilmater as well....namely for the following reason.

Domain Description: Alleviate Suffering: The cleric can heal a target a number of Hit Points equal to his own, suffering damage equal to what was healed up to a maximum of the cleric's current Hit Points minus one.

Direct quote from the Ilmaterian Dogma: Help all who hurt, no matter who they are. The truly holy take on the suffering of others. If you suffer in his name, Ilmater is there to support you.

The Doman specifically works with the ideals of Ilmater, thus an Ilmaterian should be able to take on this domain if they choose to.

Thank you for the consideration.

MAB77

• Developers
  • Dark Power
Re: Domain request.
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2018, 07:09:18 AM »
In these matters we prefer to remain true to canon lore.

While it would certainly be thematically fitting for clerics of Ilmater to have a salvation domain, consider that the Salvation domain has developed specifically for the Cult of the Morninglord following the paradigm shift that the faith of Lathander experienced since its inception in the demiplane. These religious paradigm shifts represent an important concept of the Ravenloft setting and clerical domains specific to the lands of the Mists helps to keep said setting unique and different from all others.

Consider as well that clerics of Ilmater also have access to domains clerics of the Morninglord do not, and in that balance is served.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2018, 11:04:21 AM by MAB77 »
Best Regards!
MAB

Dev. Relationist for the Dark Powers.
1 Castle Road, Castle Ravenloft, Village of Barovia.