Author Topic: Suggest : Summon control  (Read 1182 times)

Eters

• New to the Mists
Suggest : Summon control
« on: December 23, 2018, 09:25:55 AM »
Greetings,

If there is one thing I can complain about when it comes to Neverwinter nights, is how dumb the AI is when it comes to summons. From stopping in doorways (without party system your traveling companions can't push aside the summon, thus resulting in bothersome delays in tight spaces.), to targeting enemies on the other end of the map, to straight up running in circle in panic asking themselves what their purpose in live is, this makes summoning any kind of companion/monster/undead/whatever a hassle. 

And so, the suggestion is simple, give the players a "tool" that works in this fashion :

1 - Click the tool, then yourself to control all your summons / companions, or the summon you specifically want to control.
2- Click the tool, then the ground to send that summon to walk towards the place you pointed it to.
3- Click the tool, then an enemy so your summon attacks that specific creature.

As far as I know, I've seen similar tools used in solo campaigns (Aieland's saga for EE, for reference) , and servers that didn't necessarily need custom haks, so I am under the assumption that such a feature isn't all that difficult to add, and would be a great QoL for those that rely on summons, giving the ability to the player to utilize them in smarter ways, and make them actually useful. 

Dread

• Dark Power
Re: Suggest : Summon control
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2018, 09:28:47 AM »
This is already implemented on PotM.

Look here, right near the top.

Eters

• New to the Mists
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2018, 09:30:32 AM »
Sweet merciful gods.

zDark Shadowz

« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2018, 03:28:26 PM »
I can't see anything listed here for the player tool. The spoken commands don't cater for specific pointing & positioning.

Lightweaver

• Vallaki Guards
  • Dark Power
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2018, 03:44:07 PM »
There's a targeting tool in the radial menu. You use that to select a point, then @summon walk will move them as you need. It works for your other requested actions as well.