Author Topic: Even a failed experiment can have it's uses.  (Read 384 times)

Wilkins1952

• Society of the Erudite
  • Dark Lord
  • For good to win evil must do nothing
Even a failed experiment can have it's uses.
« on: January 12, 2023, 01:16:28 AM »
The following seems to come from a freshly bought journal. It's cover a dark grey with a golden scythe embroidered on the front.

On the first page seems to be a sketch of a woman, Short curly hair frames her face eyes looking towards the reader with a look of contentment. She is gaunt but not overly so and has a few scars along her face. Her age seems to be around mid to late forty's. Below the sketch is a simple name 'Petal'

The following is inked onto the first page in neat but detailed script interspaced between the additions seem to be various prayers and sermons of The Eternal Order.

Vallaki is a far cry from Borca and Falkovia. Distance is good I'm not sure it is far enough though. *The ink seems to have pooled here* So far it has been interesting, I think I'm settling in well met a few others from Darkon though they do not seem to have any more news than I do regarding the current state of things. Not surprising. Met the local guards they seem rather polite and well mannered if a little uneasy though no surprise there given the number of what they seem to call "Outlanders." Scared of the creatures of the Pale Realm that stalk them and also the reckless Outlanders that seem to plague the outskirts. It's is a wonder they are not even harsher on them. Still I can appreciate their devotion to defending their home. It is a trait we share. Still so far three people have seemed to catch my curiosity, Mitica, Atuar And Esmeralda. The latter two especially, an encounter with some 'Dolls' as they called them not alive yet also not from the Grey Realm. It is a curious thing indeed.

The journal seems to drift off now into mindless doodles.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2023, 01:20:57 AM by Wilkins1952 »
"Its like watching people walk up to the line for "Be excellent to each other" and seeing how far they can spit across it." -GMNO

Wilkins1952

• Society of the Erudite
  • Dark Lord
Re: Even a failed experiment can have it's uses.
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2023, 11:04:00 PM »
After spending some time in the Blue water in and the lady's rest two more charcoal drawings can be seen on the following pages.

The first drawing is a medical one of two hands the skin on one of them is thin and scarred and though the diagram can be seen various bones and ligaments with notes on the range of movement they have.

The second drawing is of a woman, Her singular eye seems to glisten on the page as she looks towards the reader, Across her left eye seems to be a swath of cloth obscuring it from view, her hair lightly covering it though not in any way that hides it, across her shoulders as the drawing reaches the end of the page there is the clasp in the shape of a rose.

Further down there begins to be some inked journal entries. One again they are interspaced with prayers and Sermons of The Eternal Order.

Well, I have started working at the Hospice in the slums, So far no one with any significant injuries has come in, We had a sprained ankle the other day but that was it, Spent the best part of half a day gathering firewood so at the very least that should be set for a while. It is a quaint place, And one that is very familiar in feel at least. *The writing seems to stop here and picks up again a day or so later* Spoke with Esme about joining her order. It feels right. A united force against the Grey Realm, And a place to share our spiritual ideals learn from each other. She said to spend some time considering it, But all I get is the same feeling. This has to be done. I'm still not sure where this is coming from but my mind is made up. I shall give her my response next we meet. And I must give more thought to Livu's hand, There has to be some way to fix it. *The rest of the entry becomes nothing more than idle notes on various medical herbs and prayers*
"Its like watching people walk up to the line for "Be excellent to each other" and seeing how far they can spit across it." -GMNO

Wilkins1952

• Society of the Erudite
  • Dark Lord
Re: Even a failed experiment can have it's uses.
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2023, 09:18:12 AM »
The Journal has laid empty for some time, Pages mark the days going past but other than occasional doodles nothing of note was added until.

The Following drawing is of a woman hanging from some gallows. Her hands have been removed and her eyes burnt out, the rope is taunt around her neck pulling the skin upwards and twisting the neck, Her face is frozen in a look of anguish and agony.

The other side of the page starts out neat but quickly loses any form of coherence becoming little more than a scribble

Justice? Justice? Justice? Justice? Justice? Justice? Justice? Justice? Justice? Justice? Justice? Justice? Justice? Justice? Justice? Justice? Justice? Justice? Justice? Justice? Justice? Justice? Justice? Justice? Justice? Justice? Justice? Justice? Justice? Justice? Justice? Justice? Justice? Justice? Justice? Justice? Justice? Justice? Justice? Justice? Justice? Justice? Justice? Justice? Justice? Justice? Justice? Justice? JUSTICE!