Author Topic: A letter to Burgomaster Svari Ionelus  (Read 743 times)

Dariu

• New to the Mists
A letter to Burgomaster Svari Ionelus
« on: December 14, 2018, 04:44:58 PM »
Lord Burgomaster,

I am Dariu Anghelescu, a true resident of Barovia, born and raised of nearly eight generations of honored citizens of Barovia. Today I watched as the pride of Barovia, our Garda sat and portrayed himself as if some kind of prostitute to a pitic outlander. Making sexual reference with him, accepting it back and talking in general like some love struck fool. I advised him respectfully in Balok that such a thing is frowned upon as it makes the Garda look bad infront of outlanders and citizens alike, his Lance Corporal right beside him this whole time as Reznik continued this gross display, Reznik then called me closer asking me if I had become his sergeant, I told him no, but I was more then sure the Burgomaster would not enjoy the pride of Vallaki being viewed as some whore. He then asked if I know our honored Burgomaster. I told him that any true Barovian did of course and he asked me to deliver a message to the Burgomaster. Not thinking much on it, I agreed to do so, given I expect guards to pass on tasks such as this to proper citizens. Moments after he punched me in the gut hard enough to make me spit blood, saying to tell him and I quote " Tell him I said to mind his own damn business". I expected much of what is supposed to be considered Vallakis pride, had even been considering signing up, but there is no pride to be found in this behavior, openly dishonoring the Burgomaster, making gay commentary with pitics as though you are lovers while in uniform to the degradation of the uniform. Assaulting a citizen for pointing out facts, and the Lance Corporal approving all of this while standing by passively? This is what the Garda has come to? I leave this in your hands Burgomaster, may your wisdom and power lead us to greater strength and glory.

Signed: Dariu Anghelescu.