Suggestions, Feedback & Bug Reports (OOC) > Module Feedback and Suggestions

Is the game too dark for you?

<< < (2/3) > >>

Purist:
In which cases/areas do you think it's too dark to see? In my personal experience I only struggle to see when I play a human in places that should be pitch black(underground + no source of light) or night time, which I find realistic.

Always_a_hero:
New moon time, heheh. It can get really dark outside, and some may argue it's the point- to not be able to see anything because otherwise the night wouldn't be as much of an obstacle, other than monsters (for a normal human, that is). This effect is somewhat supposed to be countered by non-human race ability to see better in the dark... Like dwarves and half-orcs. Putting (half-)elves a bit aside because they're darkvision is somewhat... bad? Instead of the purple glow you get straight grey in a ten-feet radius around yourself, which doesn't help at times.

Other than that, some people prefer to press tab, which is another kind of gaming experience (if you like challenges, switch the Tab key setting to N or something, heheh).

Would I like to try the suggested shader? Yes, and I'll try it out. Thanks for sharing.

Tymir:
I play on a laptop with a very dark display - to preserve battery life.  Even with plenty of light - it can be too dark to see.  I recall on my old CRT monitor back in aught-nine, darkvision worked fine.  These days it's not sufficient thanks to my display.

So thanks!  I'll defo look into this.

Destinysdesire:
Glad if it can help you!

Mentfrost:
I don't know the cause, but I find playing in windowed mode fixes weird contrast issues.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version