Author Topic: Saving character locations bug?  (Read 1211 times)

Destinysdesire

• Vallaki Guards
  • Dark Lord
Saving character locations bug?
« on: November 25, 2018, 07:51:31 PM »
So I am finding a possible bug that does not save me being in Vallaki other then my Faction setting. I have only once been to Tser pool over a week ago, I have long saved and slept in various locations in Vallaki and yet it still insists on loading me in the Tser pool other then the Faction start location. This upload is after a fresh reset while having slept+saved character in the Beetles just outside Vallaki
https://imgur.com/a/DQjHbcz

Iridni Ren

• L'injustice à la fin produit l'indépendance.
  • Dark Power
  • When all other lights go out
Re: Saving character locations bug?
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2018, 08:10:48 PM »
Some of the monster areas will kick you to your last "safe" location. The beetles cave may be one of those.

To change your safe location, you need to rest in an inn room or one of the other areas designated as such.

My windows cracked, but they can be replaced.
Your arm will tire throwing stones my way.

Destinysdesire

• Vallaki Guards
  • Dark Lord
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2018, 08:12:04 PM »
I have done this for over a week, resting in the Temple, rested in the inn once, this is new the last 2 resets that its trying to force me back to Tser pool.

Iridni Ren

• L'injustice à la fin produit l'indépendance.
  • Dark Power
  • When all other lights go out
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2018, 08:24:49 PM »
If the last place you rested is the beetles, though, it will kick you to your last safe location.

It could be a bug, or it could be that none of those locations changed your safe spot. (I think it has to be an inn room, not just the inn.)

My windows cracked, but they can be replaced.
Your arm will tire throwing stones my way.

Iluvatar / Madness

• Ex-Community Council
  • Developers
  • Dark Power
  • The Madness
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2018, 10:24:19 PM »
I find it strange that your last stored location doesn't change, that could be a bug, EO or Arawn might be able to tell since they know those system better than I.

But, just resting at the inn isn't enough, you need to be in a room to be considered in a "safe" marked place. The Visitor Tent in the mist camp is also considered a safe location.
Try resting in a an inn room, just rent a room at the lady's rest and rest in it, that should move your stored safe location.
Iluvatar
Iluvatar-2
Iluvatar NCE
Madness

Destinysdesire

• Vallaki Guards
  • Dark Lord
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2018, 06:05:54 AM »
I have done this again since last reset, will post again if it does it again without me going to Tser pool.