Author Topic: NWN EE update: Combat Modes while walking  (Read 3906 times)

Jeebs

• Dark Lord
Re: NWN EE update: Combat Modes while walking
« Reply #25 on: November 23, 2018, 04:51:27 PM »
The thing about having these modes turn off when you move though, is that as some have said, you can inadvertently screw yourself over by moving. I've had it happen more than once where I turned around to emote my character looking around as some perceived noise and my expertise promptly turned itself off because of it. So even though I should have been ready for it, I was hit hard because my expertise turned off from that. Whether it needs balancing or some way that it doesn't apply an AC bonus unless you're in combat I'll leave up to the dev team, but I for one and glad that these modes will now stay on unless you choose to deactivate them yourself.

BahamutZ3RO

• Master of Many Alts
  • Dark Power
Re: NWN EE update: Combat Modes while walking
« Reply #26 on: November 25, 2018, 10:46:04 AM »
I find this, if it applies to all, interesting yet somewhat frightening to be now able to walk around with, for example, a permanent +10 AC in case for surprise.

This was more or less possible before this, too, it was just more annoying. You clicked where you wanted to walk, you toggled Improved Expertise, it would stay on until you decided to move somewhere else. I already did/do this on any of my characters who are potentially in danger.

All this is is a QoL change to bring things up to how they should be. It'll be a big deal for Dwarven Defenders if it works properly.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2018, 10:49:36 AM by BahamutZ3RO »
: )