You have been taken by the Mists

Author Topic: Death bug  (Read 1002 times)

APorg

• Dark Power
  • Fanatic Xenophile
Death bug
« on: November 20, 2018, 03:05:22 PM »
Died in the Ghastrian Church basement boss room; was down at -8 when my CON buff ran out.

Was ported to the Near Ethereal but my screen went black. This persisted for a while: I logged out and back in, but it was still black. I then closed the game entirely, and finally could see, but my body had spawned in the Near Ethereal with me. Drekavac ported my body back to where my character died, but the pillar of light didn't work and I was still stuck in the Near Ethereal...
“Moral wounds have this peculiarity - they may be hidden, but they never close; always painful, always ready to bleed when touched, they remain fresh and open in the heart.”
― Alexandre Dumas, The Count of Monte Cristo

Always_a_hero

• Undead Slayer
  • You wanna know a secret? I don't.
Re: Death bug
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2018, 04:11:02 PM »
I've also had a black screen problem twice this past week, though it wasn't linked in any case to dying. It simply happened after transitions, so I assumed it was a loading error.

What I'm proposing is that the black screen and the corpse found in the ethereal are not related.
Jacob Dumérite: The Sparkling Mind
Maximir Vaileshta: Crow of White Feathers
Jestian "Coal": <Blank Space>

APorg

• Dark Power
  • Fanatic Xenophile
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2018, 04:20:47 PM »
Possible, but I'm just relating what happened to me.
“Moral wounds have this peculiarity - they may be hidden, but they never close; always painful, always ready to bleed when touched, they remain fresh and open in the heart.”
― Alexandre Dumas, The Count of Monte Cristo

Phantasia

• Stealth/Detection Cognoscenti
  • Developers
  • Dark Power
  • ¿
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2018, 05:11:40 PM »
This happened to me before as well.
Le cœur voit plus loin que l'esprit.
The heart sees further than the mind.

Serina Rhea

• Outlander
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2018, 09:16:43 PM »
I have also had this bug (corpse being in the Near Ethereal upon death) happen to me as well.

For me it happened after a crash but I don't know if that is related. I was alive and safe before the crash, dead and in the Near Ethereal along with my corpse right after...

It is a bit of a distressing issue...