You have been taken by the Mists

Author Topic: Gendarmerie Nationale de Dementlieu - Faction Perms Bugged  (Read 1218 times)

BraveSirRobin

• Dark Power
  • "Common sense is not so common." - Voltaire
Gendarmerie Nationale de Dementlieu - Faction Perms Bugged
« on: November 19, 2018, 05:26:20 PM »
Hey,

This post is a little overdue. There are some rather inhibiting bugs currently existing in the faction perms for the Gendarmerie Nationale de Dementlieu faction. One the biggest off the tip of my tongue has to do with the commanding of NPCs. As it stands currently, there are only three members of the faction, at best who can do so. Everyone else, despite being hit with the faciton tool and taken to the appropriate rank, do not receive the option in their dialogue boxes from the faction tool, to be able to command NPCs. As this report hasn't shown up for the Vallaki Garda, La Theatre de la Cathedrale or the Red Vardo factions, all of whom have bodyguard/follower associates you can command, I am forced to assume this is unique to our faction. In addition, when entering into faction-only areas within the Gendarmerie, it will try to equip random items in your inventory automatically sometimes. At times, this forces me to wear a banked-stored item like my Gendarme Breastplate, if I'm wearing my normal uniform, or my uniform if I'm wearing my breastplate. It also randomly forces me to wear my hood, and unequips random jewelry items, like amulets and belts for reasons I can't discern.

The biggest issue currently is the possession of faction NPCs, as low as rank 1 should allow you to command a single Gendarme, then Rank 2 should allow doubles, then as far as I can tell, rank 3 and higher allows 3 Gendarmes, which is what currently Laurette Elise Trelliard and Joachim von Schrötter can command. In the past, DM Drekavac was able to help one of our faction members get their permissions working with what he claimed was a workaround, but since then, the bug has persisted for old and new members alike, which prevents us from patrolling as often as we should with some of our more lower-level members.

- BSR

Arawn

• Developers and
  • Dark Power
  • Gwrandewch ar y cwn.
Re: Gendarmerie Nationale de Dementlieu - Faction Perms Bugged
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2018, 06:45:22 PM »
We’re aware of these issues and are working on fixes.
Hir yw'r dydd a hir yw'r nos, a hir yw aros Arawn.

BraveSirRobin

• Dark Power
  • "Common sense is not so common." - Voltaire
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2018, 09:48:42 AM »
Another part of this bug report, is that almost everyone on the server has a mark of faction enemy, and sometimes the Gendarmes attack them, sometimes they don't. Especially PC's who existed Pre-EE have this issue, but literally just today, Joachim's Wife was randomly chased by Gendarmes when she shouldn't have a faction hostile tag at all.

EO

• Assistant Head DM/Developer
  • Head DMs
  • Dark Power
  • The one and only, the one everyone wants to be!
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2019, 12:56:13 PM »
Arawn fixed quite a few gendarmerie bugs. Can you indicate if any bugs remain?