Author Topic: Suggestion: Urgency levels for LFRP mode?  (Read 1295 times)

Silas Rotleaf

• Dark Lord
  • Space cat!
Suggestion: Urgency levels for LFRP mode?
« on: November 18, 2018, 12:52:53 PM »
I was thinking about it and what if there were some different levels you could set your ping/feedback message to when LFRP mode is active while you are logged in like low priority (I am open to interacting with new characters, come on down) and high priority (OMG super lonely and/or bored, help!)? That would take some of the guesswork out for other players.

Danuvis

• Outlander
Re: Suggestion: Urgency levels for LFRP mode?
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2018, 01:39:49 PM »
yes, this wud be a gud addition. ronery for some erp. oh fug :DDDDD
Calehan Nemesk - "I can nay longer wait for an absolution that will ne'er come."

Thaelandriel Ni'tessine - "It is the duty of every living being to nurture and preserve life."

Silas Rotleaf

• Dark Lord
  • Space cat!
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2018, 05:31:51 PM »
The "I-would-like-a-hug-and-a-lollipop-from-the-DMs" level of urgency would be only for the gold tier Kickstarter backers/Patreon supporters and up. :P
yes, this wud be a gud addition. ronery for some erp. oh fug :DDDDD
« Last Edit: November 20, 2018, 02:25:36 PM by Silas Rotleaf »

Tycat

• The Tabasco Bandit
  • Dark Power
  • Discord: Tycat#2415
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2018, 06:05:04 PM »
Great idea. It can help prioritize those who might feel excluded or struggle with finding RP.
Tycat#2415 (discord)
Facebook Art Page @thetabascobandit
Instagram art Tycat_thetabscobandit
DeviantArt /Tybookins
YouTube Tabasco Bandit Theatre

Blessed Be, and keep creating.

HopeIsTheCarrot

• Red Vardo Traders Front
  • Dark Lord
  • Discord: HopeIsTheCarrot #5147
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2018, 08:34:33 AM »
I’m all for this idea. It would be helpful to have a better idea of what an individual or group is in the mood for OOC before trying to immerse yourself into RP with those who aren’t interested.

MAB77

• Developers
  • Dark Power
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2018, 10:57:15 AM »
It is not a necessity. Activating the LFRP mode is already a strong statement that you are looking for RP and there is no need to go beyond that. Your reasons to do so are your own and any priority level you'd ascribe to them would be highly subjective.

I do invite established players to make a bit more efforts to use the LFRP mode once in a while and seek out players you rarely RP with.
Best Regards!
MAB

Dev. Relationist for the Dark Powers.
1 Castle Road, Castle Ravenloft, Village of Barovia.

zDark Shadowz

« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2018, 06:12:38 PM »
Spoiler: show
It is not a necessity. Activating the LFRP mode is already a strong statement that you are looking for RP and there is no need to go beyond that. Your reasons to do so are your own and any priority level you'd ascribe to them would be highly subjective.

I do invite established players to make a bit more efforts to use the LFRP mode once in a while and seek out players you rarely RP with.

^ This.

I think I should start turning this on whenever I go crafting by myself. I don't want my friends to follow me around and suffer in my torture when I do menial tasks but if someone is nearby in the same boat or all alone and wants to interact with someone in a slightly out-of-the-way place I should give them that opportunity by toggling this on.

APorg

• Dark Power
  • Fanatic Xenophile
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2018, 06:18:49 PM »
To be honest, I don't think the urgency level thing would make much of a difference. What proportion of the server population actually think to use LFRP? I know I've not turned it on in months...

Now if DMs started encouraging people to use it by explicitly favouring people in the LFRP when looking to run scenes, that might shift server culture towards it...
« Last Edit: November 20, 2018, 06:28:49 PM by aprogressivist »
“Moral wounds have this peculiarity - they may be hidden, but they never close; always painful, always ready to bleed when touched, they remain fresh and open in the heart.”
― Alexandre Dumas, The Count of Monte Cristo

zDark Shadowz

« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2018, 07:05:41 PM »
I'd prefer no DM favouritism for LFRP users. Appropriate attention when due, sure, for those making stories that require NPC interactions but, not for LFRP users specifically. This is a crutch for peer-to-peer interactions only.