Author Topic: CLOSED FOR REPAIRS  (Read 1540 times)

Better Dread than Dead

• The Bad Guy
  • Dark Power
CLOSED FOR REPAIRS
« on: November 11, 2018, 07:13:42 PM »

~ ⚜ CLOSED FOR REPAIRS ⚜ ~

The Théâtre de la Cathédrale is presently closed for repairs. A fire broke out in the cellar, requiring the sewage overflow system to be used in putting it out. While no structural damage beyond what is superficial was noted, furniture will have to be replaced, and minor damage done by fire and water fixed.

We hope to re-open as soon as possible, we ask that you remain patient with us as we look to restore the Core's finest playhouse to its former glory.

We also wish to honor three men sworn to serve House Jalabert, Marcelet Brosseau, Donatien Pepin, and Antoine la Bourdette, who gave their lives in defense of the Théâtre de la Cathédrale and its troupe in trying to drive off an armed assailant.

Those wishing to leave correspondence for the Théâtre de la Cathédrale's impresaria, Maîtresse Verinne van Haute, can do so, for now, at the Manor Retreat or at the Jalabert Estate.

Iridni Ren

• L'injustice à la fin produit l'indépendance.
  • Dark Power
  • When all other lights go out
Re: CLOSED FOR REPAIRS
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2018, 12:26:32 AM »
[A note in almost calligraphic writing is tacked to the theatre's door by a statuesque, well-proportioned woman wearing a mask and dressed in the colors of night.]

Friends and Patrons of Fine Culture and Diversions,

The Broken Bell Theatre in Vallaki wishes to do our part and offer employment to all our theatrical comrades left without work from the terrible tragedy befalling the Théâtre de la Cathédrale.

We are now hiring and paying generous wages!

Seek out Dame Chantalyn Vanatar, Theatre Manager, at the Broken Bell, Vallaki.

A production of Luciana Armont, Baroness of South Sturben and purveyor of culture

Spoiler: show
// Notice placed in game.

My windows cracked, but they can be replaced.
Your arm will tire throwing stones my way.

haifisch021

• Undead Master
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2018, 02:06:29 AM »
[A crude drawing is nailed on top of the advertisement by a bearded man in the middle of the night. The text reads exclusively in Mordentish.]

« Last Edit: November 14, 2018, 02:59:52 AM by DM Drekavac »
Me miserable! which way shall I fly
Infinite wrath and infinite despair?
Which way I fly is hell; myself am hell;
And in the lowest deep a lower deep,
Still threat’ning to devour me, opens wide,
To which the hell I suffer seems a heaven.

urathraviel

• Dark Lord
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2018, 02:54:30 AM »
[A note in almost calligraphic writing is tacked to the theatre's door by a statuesque, well-proportioned woman wearing a mask and dressed in the colors of night.]

Friends and Patrons of Fine Culture and Diversions,

The Broken Bell Theatre in Vallaki wishes to do our part and offer employment to all our theatrical comrades left without work from the terrible tragedy befalling the Théâtre de la Cathédrale.

We are now hiring and paying generous wages!

Seek out Dame Chantalyn Vanatar, Theatre Manager, at the Broken Bell, Vallaki.

A production of Luciana Armont, Baroness of South Sturben and purveyor of culture

[spoiler]// Notice placed in game.

An elven woman with blonde hair, the artist and theatre custodian Lue'atha, removes this notice with a frown when she turns up to work. Carefully folding it away into a pocket.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2018, 03:07:05 AM by urathraviel »

Better Dread than Dead

• The Bad Guy
  • Dark Power
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2018, 01:20:33 PM »
[The original notice is torn down, almost two weeks after it was thrown up.]
« Last Edit: November 23, 2018, 01:30:16 PM by Better Dread than Dead »