You have been taken by the Mists

Author Topic: Suggestion: add spell Bless Water  (Read 810 times)

APorg

• Dark Power
  • Fanatic Xenophile
Suggestion: add spell Bless Water
« on: November 10, 2018, 08:24:09 PM »
Was just looking at the SRD and thinking, this is a spell that looks pretty workable to add to PotM with a custom script:

Bless Water
Transmutation [Good]
Level:   Clr 1, Pal 1
Components:   V, S, M
Casting Time:   1 minute
Range:   Touch
Target:   Flask of water touched
Duration:   Instantaneous
Saving Throw:   Will negates (object)
Spell Resistance:   Yes (object)
This transmutation imbues a flask (1 pint) of water with positive energy, turning it into holy water.

Material Component
5 pounds of powdered silver (worth 25 gp).

This spell would basically work by converting one flask of Water IG into one flask of holy water, deducting 25 GP. (If the caster has less than 25 GP when casting, the spell fails.)

Adding this spell would be nice since it would mean that Clerics, especially those of differing deities from the ones in the setting, could produce their own holy water without having to resort to the slightly strange behaviour of buying stuff that's obviously been blessed by another deity.

I don't think this can be used to make any profit, since most NPC sellers sell the stuff at the inflated rate of around 50 gp anyway... though I don't know what rate a PC merchant could get selling this stuff. (But then if crafted holy water is marked as a plot item, I believe it couldn't be sold, so hopefully that shouldn't be an issue...)

If this isn't acceptable, it might be fun to add a way of turning silver ingots into silver powder, thus requiring said silver powder to be a pre-requisite to casting the spell -- effectively adding Holy Water as part of the craft cycle.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2018, 09:17:32 PM by aprogressivist »
“Moral wounds have this peculiarity - they may be hidden, but they never close; always painful, always ready to bleed when touched, they remain fresh and open in the heart.”
― Alexandre Dumas, The Count of Monte Cristo

haifisch021

• Undead Master
Re: Suggestion: add spell Bless Water
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2018, 09:12:49 PM »
I love it!
Me miserable! which way shall I fly
Infinite wrath and infinite despair?
Which way I fly is hell; myself am hell;
And in the lowest deep a lower deep,
Still threat’ning to devour me, opens wide,
To which the hell I suffer seems a heaven.

TheFury

• Undead Slayer
  • "As you can see, Drew is the server bully."-Deceit
Re: Suggestion: add spell Bless Water
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2018, 10:30:17 PM »
Interestingly, the spell Bless already has a piece of code that makes it affect bolts differently--turning them into blessed bolts if cast on them temporarily. It might be interesting to see if this could be implemented as part of the already existing bless spell.
Get yourself a weapon that spits unending fire.
Discord Info: Kaithas#7352
Inactive. PM me for Trentor Atiens.
Happy Ending Offenders: Famorra Arendayel, Kymil Lornenil.