Author Topic: New Player in distress  (Read 3999 times)

Theleb

• New to the Mists
New Player in distress
« on: November 09, 2018, 05:12:26 AM »
Hello, i'm new here, in Ravenloft's community, and worst, i'm french so my english is ("appromative"?), and for that, i need some help.
My first trouble is about logging in Ravenloft, i tried a couple of times, and i can see there are 31 players in game, but..."connection timed out, le serveur ne répond pas", have you some idea?
My second question is about the BG of Ravenloft, can i play any template (or RP of character), for example may i play a aasimar, tieffelin, genasi?, may a disciple of Chaundakul or Lathander (or both of them?)
I'm sorry, i hope you can read my english and than it doesn't your eyes too much

Waiting your answers, friendy Theleb
La Chance est une maîtresse volage
(Luck is a frickle mistress)

Tycat

• The Tabasco Bandit
  • Dark Power
  • Discord: Tycat#2415
Re: New Player in distress
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2018, 05:38:29 AM »
Hello. We do have some French speaking players, I am sure they will be in communications with you shortly. The trouble you are having is that you are not connecting to the server (timed out), so I'd try again. It might take a couple tries for some reason.

For the second question, yes you can play any, but you need to write an application for prestige classes (Blackguard, Pale Master, etc.) and for subraces (Aasimar, Tiefling, drow, etc.) or monster (Vampire, werewolf, ghoul, so on.) Click on the links to find the applications.

Your English isn't so bad, and we're all helpful and don't mind offering assistance. Playing an RP server might help strengthen your skills. Might I suggest you start as a Dementlieuse character, where they use French, to make it easier on you? See you in game. :)

Spoiler: possible butchery of French translation, thank you google. • show
Bonjour. Nous avons quelques joueurs francophones, je suis sûr qu'ils seront bientôt en communication avec vous. Le problème que vous rencontrez est que vous ne vous connectez pas au serveur (délai expiré), je voudrais donc essayer à nouveau. Cela peut prendre quelques essais pour une raison quelconque.

Pour la deuxième question, vous pouvez en jouer, mais vous devez écrire une application pour les classes de prestige (Blackguard, Pale Master, etc.) et pour les sous-races (Aasimar, Tiefling, drow, etc.) ou monstre ( goule, etc. ) Cliquez sur les liens pour trouver les applications.

Votre anglais n'est pas si mauvais, et nous sommes tous utiles et cela ne nous dérange pas d'offrir de l'aide. Jouer sur un serveur RP peut vous aider à renforcer vos compétences. Puis-je vous suggérer de commencer comme personnage de Dementlieuse, où ils utilisent le français, pour vous faciliter la tâche? On se voit dans le jeu.

Tycat#2415 (discord)
Facebook Art Page @thetabascobandit
Instagram art Tycat_thetabscobandit
DeviantArt /Tybookins
YouTube Tabasco Bandit Theatre

Blessed Be, and keep creating.

Theleb

• New to the Mists
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2018, 06:19:41 AM »
THanks for your help Tycat, maybe i miss some files for logging? The matter i already have a launcher (and updater for Solarune, a french server), i can log in Amia too. Have you an idea, it's really confusing that RL is always timed out, don't you think?

Tycat

• The Tabasco Bandit
  • Dark Power
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2018, 06:29:43 AM »
THanks for your help Tycat, maybe i miss some files for logging? The matter i already have a launcher (and updater for Solarune, a french server), i can log in Amia too. Have you an idea, it's really confusing that RL is always timed out, don't you think?

You do have Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition, yes? Do you use Steam or Beamdog to launch the game?
Tycat#2415 (discord)
DeviantArt /Tybookins

Theleb

• New to the Mists
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2018, 08:52:46 AM »
i don't use steam, i have Nwn, SOU, HOTU V 1.69, this is the enhanced edition, however, the message says, server found, connecting, failure (v 1.69 is not the current V of Ravenloft?). So maybe i need some hak and tlk? (i don't the ravenloft.hak in my own computer)
(technical english brr i'm a butcher, as you in french i suppose ;))
Oh F!!!, i havn't the enhanced, how can i catch it?

Ps:the google translation is really good, i translated your post without it, however i will use it for my own translation french--->english :)

« Last Edit: November 09, 2018, 09:43:52 AM by Theleb »

Tycat

• The Tabasco Bandit
  • Dark Power
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2018, 09:40:34 AM »
i don't use steam, i have Nwn, SOU, HOTU V 1.69, this is the enhanced edition, however, the message says, server found, connecting, failure (v 1.69 is not the current V of Ravenloft?). So maybe i need some hak and tlk? (i don't the ravenloft.hak in my own computer)
(technical english brr i'm a butcher, as you in french i suppose ;))
Oh F!!!, i havn't the enhanced, how can i catch it?

Ps:the google translation is really good, i translated your post without it, maybe i will use for my own transaltion french--->english :)

It's only good if you use short sentences very properly. You can get the Enhanced Edition from using Steam or direct from Beamdog! A lot of people prefer Steam but it is not needed to play.

Tycat#2415 (discord)
DeviantArt /Tybookins

TheFury

• Undead Slayer
  • "As you can see, Drew is the server bully."-Deceit
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2018, 10:59:01 AM »
Steam has the notable advantage of being able to subscribe to the PotM workshop, and thus keep your hak files entirely up to date. Once you have EE things should work--the server migrated from 1.69 some months ago.

If you need anything else, just let us know.
Get yourself a weapon that spits unending fire.
Discord Info: Kaithas#7352
Inactive. PM me for Trentor Atiens.
Happy Ending Offenders: Famorra Arendayel, Kymil Lornenil.

Always_a_hero

• Undead Slayer
  • You wanna know a secret? I don't.
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2018, 11:55:41 AM »
Voici un lien utile pour les dossiers requis pour pouvoir jouer sur le server, si tu ne l'as pas déjà vu:

https://www.nwnravenloft.com/forum/index.php?topic=862.0

Puisque tu n'as pas Steam, tu peux acheter la "Enhanced Edition" sur le site de Beamdog pour 20$. Sinon la version de base ne fonctionnera pas.

https://www.beamdog.com/products/neverwinter-nights-enhanced-edition

Si après ça tu veux plus t'impliquer, je te recommande de lire la section "Rule, Info, Terms and Core Principles", qui mentionne les différents règlements et termes utilisés.

Il y a beaucoup de choses à voir, mais tu devrais être bon avec les bases et des tests avec tes personnages.
Jacob Dumérite: The Sparkling Mind
Maximir Vaileshta: Crow of White Feathers
Jestian "Coal": <Blank Space>

haifisch021

• Undead Master
Me miserable! which way shall I fly
Infinite wrath and infinite despair?
Which way I fly is hell; myself am hell;
And in the lowest deep a lower deep,
Still threat’ning to devour me, opens wide,
To which the hell I suffer seems a heaven.