You have been taken by the Mists

Author Topic: your CD Key is unauthorized  (Read 901 times)

Helaman

• What the hell am I doing here?
  • Dark Power
your CD Key is unauthorized
« on: November 08, 2018, 07:07:30 AM »
Hi Guys

Trying to get back to the mists. Bought the new look game, downloaded the HAKs etc... but get the error when I try to get in "your CD Key is unauthorized".

Any tips on fixing this?

And Otake, Wulfgang Eberhardt, Aesin, Humiko, Bonereaver, Anthrania + whatever concept I am playing with...

zDark Shadowz

Re: your CD Key is unauthorized
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2018, 06:16:20 PM »
If Steam, try uninstalling NWN:EE and reinstalling it, (subscribing to the necessary ravenloft and cep packages from the workshop), to make sure that your CD key has been retrieved properly.

Do not replace your .ini files with your old NWN game, as those CD keys won't be valid for NWN:EE. Copy & pasting files is a common way people might accidentally invalidate their keys.

If it's still not working for whatever reason, run through the exact steps you went through to reach this point, in detail. Maybe someone can pick up on what you did differently from everyone else that's interfering with your bought NWN:EE key.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2018, 06:19:00 PM by zDark Shadowz »

Helaman

• What the hell am I doing here?
  • Dark Power
Re: your CD Key is unauthorized
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2018, 09:48:54 PM »
Did a redownload, straight from the Steam site/app thingy... same issue. Posted on the NWN:EE Steam forums, and nothing as well.

Getting a little upset as I bought the game to play over here and it wont let me back in.

And Otake, Wulfgang Eberhardt, Aesin, Humiko, Bonereaver, Anthrania + whatever concept I am playing with...