You have been taken by the Mists

Author Topic: Anubis' temple levers.  (Read 1999 times)

buyonegetonefree

• Undead Slayer
Anubis' temple levers.
« on: November 06, 2018, 08:39:42 AM »
Where: Anubis Temple, Har-Akir.
What: The lever inside the room to the right (if you're looking at corridor that leads to inner part of temple) frequently glitches, door in the corridor doesn't open after you've pulled the lever. Pulling lever several time doesn't help either. That prevents the group to proceed with dungeon run.

Would be great if it'll be fixed soon.

EO

• Assistant Head DM/Developer
  • Head DMs
  • Dark Power
  • The one and only, the one everyone wants to be!
Re: Anubis' temple levers.
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2018, 09:24:40 PM »
Where: Anubis Temple, Har-Akir.
What: The lever inside the room to the right (if you're looking at corridor that leads to inner part of temple) frequently glitches, door in the corridor doesn't open after you've pulled the lever. Pulling lever several time doesn't help either. That prevents the group to proceed with dungeon run.

Would be great if it'll be fixed soon.

Are you sure that's the right lever? It should be the one on the left. Can you screenshot it on the map?

AgentGibbs

• Outlander
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2018, 03:16:47 PM »
I made another post about this because I couldnt find this one apparently, but it is the lever on the right, it is at the series of doors, and the second door does not open because this lever bugs out, but there is also nothing but a trap through the first door so it still stops the dungeon.

EO

• Head DMs
  • Dark Power
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2019, 12:55:47 PM »
This should now be fixed.

Dante101

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2020, 09:52:32 PM »
This is still broken.  This happened on our last trip to Harakir and DM Deceit assisted with manually opening the door upon request. The center east lever did not open the door.

I also experienced a similar issue with the northeast lever not functioning a couple weeks ago, where the player had to log out and back in to get it to open the door upon use.

Devil's Moon

• Society of the Erudite
  • Undead Master
  • Master of Stars
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2020, 12:49:34 AM »
+1, seen it happen again in the past week.

Hypatia

• Undead Master
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2020, 01:56:17 AM »
If you bash the crap out of it, you can get it to work don’t know why it works but it does. Sometimes it takes a while. The first time I only had to bash it once, the second more like 30 times.

Mayvind

• Red Academy
  • Dark Lord
  • I won't Bite
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2020, 07:26:52 AM »
If you bash the crap out of it, you can get it to work don’t know why it works but it does. Sometimes it takes a while. The first time I only had to bash it once, the second more like 30 times.

That how i fixed most of my things, like my old TV when the picture start getting fuzzy in the 90s few hits on the top of the TV and it work again not same as todays TV hit it too hard the screen cracked and cheaper just to buy new then repair.  :roll:
« Last Edit: January 30, 2020, 07:28:29 AM by Mayvind »

EO

• Head DMs
  • Dark Power
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2020, 04:05:09 PM »
I'll add more feedback messages but one thing to consider is that if you use the lever once it opens the door, twice it closes it, thrice it opens it (and so on and so forth).

BattleCupcake

• Undead Slayer
  • The Old Cat Bard
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2020, 02:21:53 PM »
This bug seems to be extremely rare, compared to other bugs in the Har'akir area. I believe I've seen it once in the last 5 years.

If you have a barbarian, you can bash open the door in the central hallway. Similarly, a very powerful rogue with Knock from your friendly wizard could unlock it. Otherwise, bashing the lever will eventually cause the door to open as well.

Kaninchen

• Undead Master
« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2020, 04:35:08 PM »
I recall trying to pick the locks, just for giggles once, and the DC was stupid high, like in the 70's. I've slept since then, so I could be mistaken, but for practical purposes, it is not obtainable.

BattleCupcake

• Undead Slayer
  • The Old Cat Bard
« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2020, 07:03:51 PM »
I recall trying to pick the locks, just for giggles once, and the DC was stupid high, like in the 70's. I've slept since then, so I could be mistaken, but for practical purposes, it is not obtainable.

60~70. It's not easy, but it is possible (with the right crew).

Dante101

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2020, 02:03:45 AM »
Regardless. Lever function is broken, pls fix.

EO

• Head DMs
  • Dark Power
« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2020, 01:21:37 PM »
Feedback messages have been added when using the levers indicating whether the door/object was opened or closed.