Author Topic: Simple responses...  (Read 1933 times)

Destinysdesire

• Vallaki Guards
  • Dark Lord
Simple responses...
« on: November 01, 2018, 02:53:26 AM »
This isn't about whining or arguing, so please don't make it that way, but as this forum type doesn't tell you when anyone receives or reads your messages, can we please have a very simple system set in place for DMs and Devs where when they get a message, they send back a simple message saying they have received your PM and will get back to you as soon as possible? I have in the past spent days to weeks waiting for replies only to find out they never even got the message, this distance even on Discord where no one will answer is frustrating and leaves a feeling of confusion and concern as to weather or not the DM or Dev I have messaged has even gotten the message...or just doesn't care. I don't want to believe for two seconds the team doesn't care, but it is in fact a paranoia I struggle with, which I am happy to discuss with a DM or CC if its requested. A simple answer such as "we have it and will get back to you" would go a long way to ease these concerns and give a way to know we have at least been received. Thank you for the consideration.

DM Nocturne

• Sanguis Noctis
  • Dark Power
  • Vampires don't do dishes
Re: Simple responses...
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2018, 04:04:11 AM »
It's a fair request.

Feel free to also ask the same or a different active DM if your application was posted or for an update as well.

Destinysdesire

• Vallaki Guards
  • Dark Lord
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2018, 04:24:39 AM »
Thanks Nocturne, sadly this is a matter that has gone to the Head DM, so not sure how its handled in regards to being posted or not...but again, it would be nice to have some kinda feedback, even just "With the NCE on, I am a bit swamped, the NCE ends on Nov XX and I will persue to get back to you shortly after, if you do not hear from me by Nov XX, please poke me to remind me. Thanks ~DM XXXXXXXX" That of course is using the current NCE going on, but I think its fairly relevant. It gives a timeline of when they will try to get back to you at latest, and also a way to know that of they haven't by a specific time, poke them again about your issue/application/questions/concerns to remind them as RL does happen and people get busy and things fall through the cracks. Sadly the dead silence on Discord is deafening from DMs and Devs, and I think it hurts more then helps the community, I understand not asking them to come in game...but not answering a player at all, even to just verify you got a PM or not, doesn't exactly make one feel cared about. Again thank you for the response.

dark_majico

« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2018, 05:28:37 AM »
Are talking about the forums or Discord? For a moment I thought you where talking about in game, but now I don't think that, your posts are difficult to follow.

Destinysdesire

• Vallaki Guards
  • Dark Lord
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2018, 05:31:23 AM »
It is both forums and discord, IG is never once mentioned in my posts other then to reference to the NCE going on as an example.

Edward

• Lord of the Dead
  • Dark Lord
  • The Bereaved & Defunct.
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2018, 06:21:45 AM »
Unfortunately you aren’t the only one sending Staff messages, meaning that even if they send you a message saying they have your message it would only actually slow down their efficiency, in my opinion.

Perhaps a notification that someone has opened the link for your message on the forums should be added but making DMs send people messages just to say they have seen something seems a little bit weird.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2018, 06:23:39 AM by Edward »

Destinysdesire

• Vallaki Guards
  • Dark Lord
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2018, 06:26:55 AM »
Its a 20 second typing, thats not really slowing them down, they take 30x that just to read the PM, sorry but that really isn't a great response, thirty seconds to type, "We have it and will get back to you" is very simple.

Iridni Ren

• L'injustice à la fin produit l'indépendance.
  • Dark Power
  • When all other lights go out
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2018, 07:32:44 AM »
If you click on the profile of the person you sent the message to, you can see when she last logged into the forum.

That gives a pretty strong hint of whether she received your message.

My windows cracked, but they can be replaced.
Your arm will tire throwing stones my way.

Destinysdesire

• Vallaki Guards
  • Dark Lord
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2018, 07:40:17 AM »
If you click on the profile of the person you sent the message to, you can see when she last logged into the forum.

Um...no, no it hasn't, I suggest you read my first post where I clearly stated that there have been times they have not gotten the message at all, as in it never arrived to them, meaning that it got lost on the internet in some spacial void....perhaps to one day appear in Barovia...meaning that without the answer, could go 2-3 weeks without knowing that they never got the message at all in the first place.

Iridni Ren

• L'injustice à la fin produit l'indépendance.
  • Dark Power
  • When all other lights go out
« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2018, 07:45:28 AM »

Um...no, no it hasn't, I suggest you read my first post where I clearly stated that there have been times they have not gotten the message at all, as in it never arrived to them, meaning that it got lost on the internet in some spacial void....perhaps to one day appear in Barovia...meaning that without the answer, could go 2-3 weeks without knowing that they never got the message at all in the first place.

I assume this is facetious.

But if the person has logged in and not replied, you could choose to send a follow-up then.

It could, in fact, say, "I see you logged in on such-and-such date. Since you didn't reply to my message, I fear it has gone into the special internet void that my messages often go into. Hence, I am writing again."

:D

My windows cracked, but they can be replaced.
Your arm will tire throwing stones my way.

Edward

• Lord of the Dead
  • Dark Lord
« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2018, 07:50:09 AM »
There’s more than thirty people on the server likely trying to talk to a DM but maybe you should sort out your void issue, perhaps you aren’t pressing the send button?

Also as hard as it might be to believe the Staff have lives they can’t constantly be looking at messages on the forum and sending you reassurance. Which is why I said there might be a better alternative.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2018, 07:53:43 AM by Edward »

Destinysdesire

• Vallaki Guards
  • Dark Lord
« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2018, 08:13:12 AM »
I assume you guys just like coming onto my posts to see how arrogant and snobby you can be before DMs and CC's tell you to knock it off? Seriously, maybe back off for a bit? I know how to press a send button Edward, I know the DM's have lives and am constantly noting as such. Maybe get off the pot and go do something other then harass people for having different opinions then you, seriously. I swear you have nothing better to do.

Arawn

• Developers and
  • Dark Power
  • Gwrandewch ar y cwn.
« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2018, 08:20:33 AM »
If a DM or CC doesn’t respond for several weeks, especially to repeated messages, it usually means they’re inactive or swamped. Ordinarily I’d say message another DM, but if you’re trying to reach a Head DM then I’m afraid we only have one active Head DM at the moment. If on the other hand, you just need a CC or a regular DM, you can feel free to message me.

In any case, while I appreciate those who are trying to defend the Staff here, let’s just move forward with a practical solution rather than sniping at the poster, please.
Hir yw'r dydd a hir yw'r nos, a hir yw aros Arawn.

Destinysdesire

• Vallaki Guards
  • Dark Lord
« Reply #13 on: November 01, 2018, 08:24:18 AM »
If a DM or CC doesn’t respond for several weeks, especially to repeated messages, it usually means they’re inactive or swamped. Ordinarily I’d say message another DM, but if you’re trying to reach a Head DM then I’m afraid we only have one active Head DM at the moment. If on the other hand, you just need a CC or a regular DM, you can feel free to message me.

I can respect and understand this Arawn, its why I am suggesting a simple response system, even something that can just be copy-pasted into a message kinda like an automated answering service. I know DMs get busy as do Admin and Head DMs. This is just a way to know your message actually has been received, but may take a while to review, not an answer on the spot as to why you sent the message, just one simply saying that we have it and will respond as soon as possible.

Edward

• Lord of the Dead
  • Dark Lord
« Reply #14 on: November 01, 2018, 08:30:47 AM »
Maybe get off the pot and go do something other then harass people

Something tells me it’s you smoking the dope, because nothing I said was meant to be harassment.

Arawn

• Developers and
  • Dark Power
  • Gwrandewch ar y cwn.
« Reply #15 on: November 01, 2018, 08:42:06 AM »
Maybe get off the pot and go do something other then harass people

Something tells me it’s you smoking the dope, because nothing I said was meant to be harassment.

Let’s all cool it.
Hir yw'r dydd a hir yw'r nos, a hir yw aros Arawn.