Author Topic: "Favored enemy" feat not showing up for to-be lvl 10 Ranger  (Read 1219 times)

Vandelaen

• New to the Mists
"Favored enemy" feat not showing up for to-be lvl 10 Ranger
« on: October 24, 2018, 08:22:21 PM »
Account name: Vandelaen

Character name: Garrett Darkstride

When:

Trying to level up from level 9 to level 10 Ranger.
Noticed it at around 1:00 AM UST.

What:

I'm trying to level up from level 9 to level 10 Ranger but, contrarily to what the description says (to be gained every 5 levels: 1, 5, 10, 15, 20), "Favored Enemy" won't appear in the list of selectable feats.

I tried relogging, but as expected nothing changed.

Used @debug command shortly after discovering.

Here is a screenshot showing the list of feats in alphabetical order as per usual in the leveling up screen. As you can see, the feat is not showing up (tried to check the whole list to be ultra-sure, nothing).

Ideas:

Not sure about this one, but maybe it's due to me not picking any "Favored enemy" at level 1 and 5. As far as I know, it should show nonetheless.

Recreate:

Not sure either, but as said in "Ideas", maybe by creating a Ranger character and not choosing any "Favored enemy" at the previous levels.

EO

• Assistant Head DM/Developer
  • Head DMs
  • Dark Power
  • The one and only, the one everyone wants to be!
Re: "Favored enemy" feat not showing up for to-be lvl 10 Ranger
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2018, 09:36:56 PM »
I tried recreating this but it worked when I tested. Here's a few questions to follow up:

1) Can you confirm you didn't pick any other feats on level 10?
2) Also can you check if you have the feat Favored Enemy Prerequisite in your list?
3) Did you delevel from 10 to 9 prior to that first level up?

Vandelaen

• New to the Mists
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2018, 05:48:46 AM »
I tried recreating this but it worked when I tested. Here's a few questions to follow up:

1) Can you confirm you didn't pick any other feats on level 10?
2) Also can you check if you have the feat Favored Enemy Prerequisite in your list?
3) Did you delevel from 10 to 9 prior to that first level up?

1) I didn't, as can be seen in the screenshot.
2) No such thing, neither in the list of available feats, nor already gotten ones.
3) This character hasn't had any kind of deleveling.

Vandelaen

• New to the Mists
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2018, 11:51:47 AM »
By reading again the feat description in the wiki and the house rules, I have maybe found the source of the problem, although I can't be sure about what caused it and how to solve it.

It is stated that "Favored enemy" is counted as a bonus feat, and by the board uploaded in the "House rules" topic, it says a Ranger, at level 10, should get 1 feat + 1 bonus feat. So there should be 2 in total, while by leveling I could only choose 1 feat (as can be seen in the screenshot).

If I've then got it straight, it isn't giving me the bonus feat at all for some reason, so maybe that is the source of the problem.

Vandelaen

• New to the Mists
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2018, 07:04:53 PM »
Tried releveling and resolved the problem. I no longer have this issue, but it might still be worth to properly look into the problem, after more important priorities.

Thank you anyway.