Author Topic: RE: Druid Bugs  (Read 1160 times)

AbraxasTH

• Outlander
RE: Druid Bugs
« on: October 18, 2018, 06:42:50 PM »
1st bug - sometimes when casting druid spells it will say "No preperations or uses left for spell" even if its prepared and you have rested, I've noticed it mainly with stoneskin
This bug tends to happen at random and I am currently unable to replicate or test it, although it seems to happen more frequently with spells placed upon bonus spell slots granted via items

2nd bug - when activating walk mode whilst polymorphed there is no way to disable it so you are stuck at walk speed - error message states "cannot activate walk mode when detect mode is active". Replicate this by either activating walk mode and then shifting or shifting then activating walk mode. May only be an issue with elves and other races that permanently are in detect mode

3rd bug - "set target" becomes "cancel polymorph" when shifted - recreate this simply by transforming shape and noting the "Set target" ability changes to a star with "Cancel Polymorph" as it's new title

4th bug - when slightly exhausted, my AB dropped from +21 to +16, upon being no longer exhausted it was set to +19 AB. (Seems like Greater Magic Fang just vanished alongside the exhaustion) - to recreate this I'd suggest buffing with bull str, rams might and greater magic fang, pushing the PC to slightly exhausted and then taking note of the rise and fall of the attack bonus stat.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2018, 07:13:47 PM by AbraxasTH »

EO

• Assistant Head DM/Developer
  • Head DMs
  • Dark Power
  • The one and only, the one everyone wants to be!
Re: RE: Druid Bugs
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2018, 08:59:23 PM »
1st bug - sometimes when casting druid spells it will say "No preperations or uses left for spell" even if its prepared and you have rested, I've noticed it mainly with stoneskin
This bug tends to happen at random and I am currently unable to replicate or test it, although it seems to happen more frequently with spells placed upon bonus spell slots granted via items

There's little that can be done about this. It's a hardcoded NwN bug. You should report it to Beamdog but first try to track down what causes it.

2nd bug - when activating walk mode whilst polymorphed there is no way to disable it so you are stuck at walk speed - error message states "cannot activate walk mode when detect mode is active". Replicate this by either activating walk mode and then shifting or shifting then activating walk mode. May only be an issue with elves and other races that permanently are in detect mode

Strange but you are probably right about it being elf-related. Right now it checks if the PC is an elf or a ranger of appropriate level but when you are polymorphed, your racial type changes. This will be fixed next update.

3rd bug - "set target" becomes "cancel polymorph" when shifted - recreate this simply by transforming shape and noting the "Set target" ability changes to a star with "Cancel Polymorph" as it's new title

I think you can only access it via the radial menu. It's the same issue with any hotkeyed radial menu option in NwN. Been that way since the beginning.

4th bug - when slightly exhausted, my AB dropped from +21 to +16, upon being no longer exhausted it was set to +19 AB. (Seems like Greater Magic Fang just vanished alongside the exhaustion) - to recreate this I'd suggest buffing with bull str, rams might and greater magic fang, pushing the PC to slightly exhausted and then taking note of the rise and fall of the attack bonus stat.

Really strange.