Author Topic: Jail time and IC punishments....  (Read 4175 times)

Destinysdesire

• Vallaki Guards
  • Dark Lord
Re: Jail time and IC punishments....
« Reply #25 on: October 19, 2018, 07:23:44 PM »
Thank you for the constructive feedback Arawn (sorry about the spelling), and you make very valid points. I just feel that if it is not warranted or it is something that may take a fair bit of time...Such as at currently, 4 RL hours...(though I know the players are doing what they can and this is in no way bashing the players!) some alternate considerations be given such as my post above giving some suggestions that can be used to continue rp for the players.

LivingWasteland

• Dark Lord
  • LOOT B4 LUV - TIEFLING LYFE
« Reply #26 on: October 19, 2018, 09:58:39 PM »
They could execute you and put you in the Vault. Be out for more than 40 minutes, I'll tell you that. Likely weeks, or months. And depending on the crime it's a punishment they actually use.

Destinysdesire

• Vallaki Guards
  • Dark Lord
« Reply #27 on: October 19, 2018, 10:10:41 PM »
I was executed and in the Charnel house where NO ONE can even get to me...so...its already seeming more and more frustrating.

LivingWasteland

• Dark Lord
  • LOOT B4 LUV - TIEFLING LYFE
« Reply #28 on: October 19, 2018, 10:13:38 PM »
Charnel House can be broken into, just need to have the right type of PC who's got the right item.

The Vault is locked behind several plot-locked Garda only doors.

Nuresame

• New to the Mists
« Reply #29 on: October 19, 2018, 10:16:02 PM »
*looks at lock. Looks at tools. Fiddles with lock. Nope. Gotta find better tools.*

If Early day,Or late at night.
It's not my problem,I'll be alright.
No cause you name,Is worth the fight.
But if I'm bored, then yeah, I might.

Knight of Rhodes

• The Butcher of Barovia
  • Dark Lord
« Reply #30 on: October 19, 2018, 10:21:57 PM »
There are so many people that have been stuffed in that little house and nearly, maybe ALL of them, have gotten out or been broken out.

But hey, you aren't in jail anymore.

Now, we must all fear evil men. But there is another kind of evil which we must fear most, and that is the indifference of good men

Grendlykins, Simp of Azalin Rex

• Society of the Erudite
  • Dark Lord
« Reply #31 on: October 19, 2018, 10:29:52 PM »
I was executed and in the Charnel house where NO ONE can even get to me...so...its already seeming more and more frustrating.

There are in-character consequences for actions. If you wish to play an antagonistic criminal then you either should accept said consequences or play in a way such that your wrongdoings are not discovered and disclosed, or avoid being caught by those responsible for enforcing the law. There will always be OOC consequences stemming from IC consequences such as this; IE being executed, being murdered by other characters and having your corpse hidden, etc. The two are inseparable without compromising the integrity of the server's roleplay.

Tarnation!

• Undead Master
  • Account for native characters.
« Reply #32 on: October 19, 2018, 10:38:01 PM »
You also need to accept that maybe no-one wants to come and retrieve your character's remains.
Carmine, Wynstan's Son - Itsy bitsy, teeny weeny, Ezrite from land of tortellini.

Destinysdesire

• Vallaki Guards
  • Dark Lord
« Reply #33 on: October 19, 2018, 10:55:48 PM »
You also need to accept that maybe no-one wants to come and retrieve your character's remains.

Actually....people do....but the DCs are set fairly high...so yeah..

Grendlykins, Simp of Azalin Rex

• Society of the Erudite
  • Dark Lord
« Reply #34 on: October 19, 2018, 11:00:23 PM »

Actually....people do....but the DCs are set fairly high...so yeah..

That's by design, to prevent an Arkham Asylum type revolving door for villains and criminals. Either hope that your allies are capable of contracting someone who can free your character or accept that you're not getting out.

Legion XXI

• Fraternity of Shadows
  • Dark Power
  • Domn Clancy
« Reply #35 on: October 19, 2018, 11:00:36 PM »

(savage)  :lol:

That post was less than 3 hours than your previous one so it's not like people have had a lot of time anyways. 

BUT

This was a thread created to discuss, in a broad sense, alternatives to jail time because you perceived jail time as too harsh of a consequence for IC actions, right?  So it should be about that, and not a play-by-play of the IC circumstances surrounding your PC.  Though I'm with Arawn here, there's not really much more to say.  You shared your thoughts, and other people sort of shared how it is.  This really shouldn't become the "My character is still in the charnel house, please take pity on my plight and break me out" thread.

Iluvatar / Madness

• Ex-Community Council
  • Developers
  • Dark Power
  • The Madness
« Reply #36 on: October 19, 2018, 11:03:23 PM »
I think this thread has reached its goal and everything that had to be said, we're also diverging from the original topic quite a bit and turning into something else, hence I'll be locking this for now.
Iluvatar
Iluvatar-2
Iluvatar NCE
Madness