Author Topic: Eiserne Soldaten und alchemistische Rosen  (Read 696 times)

bestbardna

• Undead Slayer
Eiserne Soldaten und alchemistische Rosen
« on: October 10, 2018, 07:46:10 AM »
OOC Notes will be kept in Italics, and simply serve as a record of progress in the various arts.

Research Log One:

Personal Notes

Nothing of note to report, save the employment of one Boris Petrov. He has a strong back and a strong sword-arm, both of which will prove useful in the coming days.

Alchemy

I've yet to begin my alchemical research here in this forsaken hellhole, but I understand that the mandibles of the Fire beetles in Vallaki can be used in the distillation of alchemist's fire. As such, I've procured a great many of these mandibles, and will begin research once time (and funding) permits.

Alchemy- +4

Arcane Studies

The "magic" that comes so easily to me here is not readily available at home. I suspect that these Mists may be the source of my newfound powers. I shall endeavor to understand them more as time passes. Through the study of various texts, I have identified some of the "spells" that have been granted to me, and will continue to research them as time permits.

Spells Known: Cantrips: Cure Minor Wounds, Light, Open/Close, Resistance, Amanuensis,  1st Circle: Magic Weapon, Mage Armour, Expeditious Retreat

Herbalism

Herbalism here extends far beyond simple healing poultices. Apparently, some of these potions can duplicate powerful spellcasting effects. It's an avenue of research that I will be pursuing. As it stands, I currently have several bags of herbs to be processed, mostly from Dementlieu and Barovia. I will continue to gather them, although due to the harsh winters here, I may need to confine my searches to caves and tombs.

Herbalism- +2

Leatherworking

Hunting has proven to be a marvelous distraction as of late. Boris and I have spent many nights out in the wilderness, hunting deer and dire boars through the use of clever traps and barricades. As such, I've become adept at skinning and tanning of leather. I've yet to try my hand at boiling, but I was successful in fashioning a few simple bags. They will prove invaluable for organizing the many materials I've been gathering

Hide Curing- +4
Leather Boiling- +2
Leatherworking- +1

Smithing

I spent several hours attempting to smelt iron ores down into ingots, and failed miserably. I will try my hand at smelting bronze or copper instead. As such, I haven't been able to smith anything yet.

Smelting- +5
Smithing- +2
Gilding- +4

Woodworking

Carpentry comes easily to me, but more detailed woodworking eludes me somewhat. Still, I'm proficient enough to assemble crates, wagon wheels, and to work chitin into plates.

Carpentry- +8
Woodworking- +5

Tailoring

This endeavour seems pointless, but in fact will come in handy when I need to sew protective linings into new labcoats. Given its limited use in my goals however, it will be some time before I attempt it.

Tailoring- +2

bestbardna

• Undead Slayer
Re: Eiserne Soldaten und alchemistische Rosen
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2018, 11:34:42 AM »
OOC Notes will be kept in Italics, and simply serve as a record of progress in the various arts.

Research Log Two:

Personal Notes

A Gendarme gave me the stink-eye the other day. Unsure why. Perhaps I had something in my teeth? Strange looking fellow, had a hawk tattoo on his forehead.

Alchemy

Still sitting on that sack of mandibles. Leatherworking is taking longer than I had hoped.

Alchemy- +4

Arcane Studies

No new breakthroughs on the Arcane front, however I have been tinkering with a spell that will bend light around the user, rendering them invisible!

Herbalism

Up to three and a half bags of various herbs, but still no time to begin my research into their possible effects.

Herbalism- +2

Leatherworking

Tedious in the extreme. It's like pulling teeth. And the teeth are on fire. Thank God my research doesn't require me to boil leather. Yet.

Hide Curing- +7
Leather Boiling- +2
Leatherworking- +3

Smithing

As leatherworking is taking up all of my time as of late, I haven't had time to return to the forge.

Smelting- +5
Smithing- +2
Gilding- +4

Woodworking

As before. I'll be glad when I'm through with leatherwork.

Carpentry- +8
Woodworking- +5

Tailoring

No progress here as of yet.

Tailoring- +2