You have been taken by the Mists

Author Topic: Suggestion for feats  (Read 936 times)

Ken14

• Undead Master
Suggestion for feats
« on: September 15, 2018, 03:44:06 PM »
A few feats that I think might make for increased roleplay of certain archetypes! :

Feat: Hardened Liver
Type of Feat: General
Prerequisite: Fortitude 10+
Required For: None
Specifics: You are a master alcoholic! Imbibing drinks no longer invokes penalties to INT, while giving a +2 bonus to CON. Sadly, while your mind is clear during your drunk rampage, you body is sluggish, giving you a -2 penalty to DEX.
Use: Automatic

Feat: Ox Fist Style
Type of Feat: Class
Prerequisite: Monk level 2, STR 14+, Power Attack
Specifics: The Ox Fist Style is a peculiar style, eschewing agility for pure, unbridled force. Your unarmed attacks are considered a two-handed weapon.

Feat: Turtle Shell Style
Type of Feat: Class
Prerequisite: Monk level 2, CON 15+, Toughness
Specifics: To be like the Turtle is to endure all attacks, trusting in one's fortitude. You get an additional +1 Health per level and ( either +3 to AC or a 5/- DR against physical attacks)

Feat: Improved Weapon Finesse (Weapon)
Type of Feat: General
Prerequisite:  Weapon Finesse, Weapon Focus (any finessed weapon), base attack bonus +4
Specifics: Select one finessed melee weapon with which you have Weapon Focus. When you wield that weapon, you may apply half your Dexterity modifier instead of your Strength modifier to damage rolls made with it.

Feedback, alternative suggestions and assorted would be nice, thanks everyone!

Silas Rotleaf

• Dark Lord
  • Space cat!
Re: Suggestion for feats
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2018, 01:08:52 AM »
Okay I really like the liver one and was thinking of a similar one for opium but it would be something like your fortitude saves go up while your will saves go down for a number of turns. Something like: Pipe fiend.

zDark Shadowz

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2018, 06:29:43 AM »
I feel sorry for those who take this Hardened Liver feat, forever locked in a state of sobriety, forced to journey across the land to find that sacred elixir that will return them to that blissful state of mind no longer in their reach.

NitithornL2

• New to the Mists
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2018, 06:26:43 AM »
I will make it. I do not want to be disappointed later.

Always_a_hero

• Undead Slayer
  • You wanna know a secret? I don't.
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2018, 09:05:26 AM »
A potential hassle with the Ox Fist style would be monks needing Improved Parry in order to gain parry AC for each 5 points instead of 10 (as two-handed weapons do).

Turtle Shell style basically brings a monk's HP near the one of a barbarian (8+2+1+1 with 15 CON, toughness and this feat). If it's to give a bonus to AC or DR, it could very likely be too strong (and we'd see ourselves with a bunch of dwarven monks for some reason). For a lvl 2 feat, maybe tune it down to 1 AC along the bonus HP.
Jacob Dumérite: The Sparkling Mind
Maximir Vaileshta: Crow of White Feathers
Jestian "Coal": <Blank Space>