You have been taken by the Mists

Author Topic: Missing tlk  (Read 2135 times)

Miuo

• Discord: Miuo
  • Dark Power
Missing tlk
« on: October 01, 2018, 03:56:38 PM »
I got EE, downloaded the new haks and dropped them into the folder. Yet whenever i select the server and it starts to bring me to the character selection screen it kicks me after about a second back to the main NWN window saying "Could not load module, missing required custom talk table". But it's not specifying any exact tlk file :/

HM01

• Undead Master
  • The Department of Gnomeland Security
Re: Missing tlk
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2018, 04:02:58 PM »
Did you download the files and what not through Steam? Sometimes the workshop can be silly and not put the files where they are supposed to go.

If you did download them through the workshop, go to your steamapps>workshop>content folder, and the files should be there. You will have to manually move them to your Neverwinter Nights directory in your 'My Documents'.

Easiest way around this is just to fresh install, and manually put those files where they need to be.

Miuo

• Dark Power
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2018, 04:05:58 PM »
I did download through steam, and checked the workshop content folder. It was empty though :/

Iridni Ren

• L'injustice à la fin produit l'indépendance.
  • Dark Power
  • When all other lights go out
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2018, 04:18:11 PM »
You need to make sure your haks haven’t installed to your game install directory—if so, copy the hak and tlk folders from there to the Documents/Neverwinter Nights folder

C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\common
Should be an NWN folder in there

My windows cracked, but they can be replaced.
Your arm will tire throwing stones my way.

zDark Shadowz

« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2018, 06:39:30 PM »
I got EE, downloaded the new haks and dropped them into the folder.

After downloading NWN:EE, go through the steam workshop and find the Ravenloft stuff in there through the app. You shouldn't need to download files from elsewhere, or move any files to any other folder, as the steam workshop will do this for you once you have subscribed to the relevant add-ons.

Once you have it, reload steam & wait for the update to apply it to your game. Think that's how it's supposed to work.

It's not just the Ravenloft main download you'll need though, you'll also need the listed CEP.

Link for reference. The overrides are optional but the main download & CEP are required, so make sure you have subscribed to both.

https://steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/?id=1404156776

Miuo

• Dark Power
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2018, 02:55:09 AM »
Downloading from the workshop has fixed the issue, thankyou.

Tycat

• The Tabasco Bandit
  • Dark Power
  • Discord: Tycat#2415
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2018, 07:06:28 PM »
Is there a fix for this issue when you aren't using Steam?
Tycat#2415 (discord)
Facebook Art Page @thetabascobandit
Instagram art Tycat_thetabscobandit
DeviantArt /Tybookins
YouTube Tabasco Bandit Theatre

Blessed Be, and keep creating.