Author Topic: Temptation, Knowledge, Power -Story of Melanie  (Read 6848 times)

Puzo

• New to the Mists
Re: Temptation, Knowledge, Power
« Reply #25 on: October 22, 2007, 02:00:40 AM »
//quite the interesting reading here.

Nefensis

• MIA
  • Dark Power
  • Gaming wench )0(
« Reply #26 on: October 22, 2007, 10:40:11 AM »
//quite the interesting reading here.

//thank you

Stela Cojocaru - barovian snake
Crina Ovidiu - barovian guard

Nefensis

• MIA
  • Dark Power
  • Gaming wench )0(
« Reply #27 on: October 23, 2007, 12:47:41 AM »
Dear journal, i think i broke Marius Manners..

Melanie tapped her quill upon her journal in thoughts.. then closed it. Lets see what tomorrow will bring us.

Nefensis

• MIA
  • Dark Power
  • Gaming wench )0(
« Reply #28 on: November 11, 2007, 05:55:43 PM »
Walking the path of dream

Really i have the strangest dreams
Melanie slept comfortably in her bed, beside her snored quietly the man she now called her husband. How he loved her, it was visible by the way he simply looked at her.  Herself had much love for him, of the few men she had come to meet in her life, he was the only one she ever truly cared for. In truth she had given up trying to be cold and insensible, the pro and cons pointed all to the same answer, her heart felt even stronger when she cared not. So with this answer in mind she gave in and began to love.

Follow me ! Follow me! squeaked the pixie along the path, fall had come finally outside chateau DeBontemps and the shivering girl barely held her coat over her, she was in shreds. Blinded by gusts of wind and fallen leaves, the blonde walked as a sleepwalker, the last burst of energy had left her weak and panting but the pixie would not let her rest. Keep walking! Follow my voice! and so did Melanie, as always following orders. Night would soon come in the forest of Mordent, it was so cold already but she kept walking and walking, injuring her feet on the rocks of the road, branches reaching out as claws to grab to her hair. Mists and fog of twilight surrounded her and the pixie whom called herself Aaricia, the light of the sinking sun pointed to a sign across the road, a inn waiting with open arms.

The scene changed

Melanie found herself into the same forest, from north to south and west to east, trees and mists as far as she could see. Not a sound in the air, not a bird or a crack of branches. Peaceful and quiet, only a light breeze caressing her cheeks. In her hand she held a tall staff from where a strong magical aura pulsed. She felt powerful and proud brandishing the staff against some invisible enemies. And then she saw him, his armor polished in the sun of the day, sword in hand as a hero in victory. She leaped to his side and kissed, it felt good.

In the warm bed inside the inn, Elsin had turned and kissed Melanie, sleepy embrace where happiness was god.

Unknown

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #29 on: November 12, 2007, 02:33:01 AM »
all I have to say nef is wow.... every time I read anything about one of your characters like these stories I always feel a bit taken back by it. you defiantly have great skill in writing and i really look forword to reading the book on your characters.

so all I can do is sit back eyes wide with excitement for the next installment of one of your great stories.

Nefensis

• MIA
  • Dark Power
  • Gaming wench )0(
« Reply #30 on: November 12, 2007, 03:57:21 AM »
Thank you.

Nefensis

• MIA
  • Dark Power
  • Gaming wench )0(
« Reply #31 on: December 17, 2007, 03:27:39 AM »
Temptation

As a dark shadow that lingers, this subject came once more into Melanie's life. Her own temptation tamed, her darting desire for forbidden knowledge had been calmed and stored away. Her voice was of clarity and common sens, how delicate the balance of such was. She could never stand zealots and extremists, for they always acted in such way that would surely brings doom to any project they would try to accomplish. She loved Elsin even with his faith and his tenets, it made him a better man for it and she loved him as much as he loved her. A bit too much? In her innocence, she was slowly eating away his strong will, the harder he was trying to push to have his way toward the enemies, the harder she pushed for him to show temperance and tolerance. It was common sens, deep in her heart she felt that Elsin was becoming prey to something that should not be. She couldnt allow herself to panic. She felt it in his embrace, or maybe misunderstood it, the end result was all the same. She begged him over and over again to forgive where she saw his anger.

Unconsciously she was the temptress to good, the temptress to innocence. She was guilty of trying to make him a better man, to his own shame. That was not what she wanted.. why?! Why did things had to be this way.. she cried that night in his arms. She could let him go, leave him to his god and those tenets he holds so dear to his heart. But she could not stand to watch him sink into the pitfall of evil, meanwhile following a tenet. She simply could not. How she loved him, how she hoped he would forgive her. Why do my dreams have to be so painful.. In his sleep, Elsin muttered and kissed her again, it was a good reflex and it felt good. How she could simply lose herself in his arms, passion at hearts, was beyond her. She was made of passion and he came and enflammed her and she gave it right back a hundred time.

Ton amour a change ma vie.
Pour toi j'ai quitter mon passe.
Mais le jour ou mes levres on gouter a tes levres
Tout mon etre, a vibrer de bonheur..

A light tune came to her mind, her dreams now a ballroom where they danced forever, eyes in eyes, hand in hand. On the floor where they slept that night, in a sleepy and tearful embrace, it felt good to dream.

Nefensis

• MIA
  • Dark Power
  • Gaming wench )0(
« Reply #32 on: January 12, 2008, 12:34:49 PM »
WARNING MATURE MATERIAL AHEAD

The next chapter in Melanie's story brings out the hidden side of the proper and socially correct Melanie, i did not post it on this forum because of the mature theme of the text so im warning you ahead, dont read if you shouldnt be, for the others please enjoy.

http://nefensis.deviantart.com/art/Passion-of-the-white-witch-74441490

and because of the theme, only members of Deviant art can read it, sigh, honestly it worth it to make an account to read it or i can send you a email with it.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2008, 05:21:45 PM by Nefensis »

Nefensis

• MIA
  • Dark Power
  • Gaming wench )0(
« Reply #33 on: January 14, 2008, 11:24:39 PM »
Loss

"M is for Melanie." said the girl with a missing front tooth, her wide smile showing it off even more. The boy beside her frowned but kept his hand raised high none the less. "Very good Melanie.. yes Jonathan?" replied the fatherly voice. "M is for mustard too!" squeaked the younger boy, sticking out his tongue to his sister.. and suddenly the vision faded, leaving place to a big empty hole.

She is dangerous..
       Her words spreads
Like dust in the wind
       They hear her!
They listen to her!
       We must stop it..
Silence her..
       Blind her..
Deafen her..

Breathless whispers in the wind, a thorn in the side. The creature felt threatened and it was not good, it did not happen often. In it's might, it had forgotten the possible threats of this human curiosity and thirst for knowledge. A part of it felt amused, the other did not. Such games were not to it's liking and it had to be stopped before greater damage could be done. A theatrical stage was put up for the woman's mind to accept and the play went on. A show for the eyes and ears and the mind followed in believing it. Melanie had won, but she'll never know it.

"Un, deux, trois, nous irons aux boix, Quatre, cinq, six, cueillir des cerises, Dix, onze, douze, elle serons toute rouges.."

Nefensis

• MIA
  • Dark Power
  • Gaming wench )0(
Re: Temptation, Knowledge, Power -Story of Melanie
« Reply #34 on: March 21, 2008, 06:45:26 PM »
The Fall

What do you know?

Hissing yet feminine voice, she asked the same question over and over again. The mordentish accent was clear in the voice that echoed on the cave's walls. A whimper came from the bloody form on the table.

Que savez-vous?

This time she asked in high mordentish. At that, the form jerked against it's metal bindings. She had to cut off the legs and arms of her new test subject for fear it would run away, we could not have that. The slender woman lowered herself above the table, shadows of candles casting lights of her curves on the walls. Eye to eye with her new victim she could study it's expression perfectly. Frozen grimace of panic on the once beautiful face, fright and tears in those ocean deep eyes, blond hair tangled and matted with blood. The living stump replied in the same melodic language. Cracked lips and dry throat, Melanie's voice rose above a whisper.

I..i know everything...

Oh the humor of fate.

The two women conversed for hours on, scientific subjects came and went rapidly between the two scholars. It felt almost unreal but it was clear and true. Melanie's eyes twitched at the sight of the slender woman as she wrote everything in a large book, head tilted with the manners of a well educated scholar. A reversed nightmare. The researcher was now the study test. Melanie's foggy mind slowly broke away from reality, THIS was reality. Back to the land of her twisted childhood, back to Mordent and the manor's basement. And suddenly she is the dog, she is the caliban, she is mama tied to the table. Maybe when her body would give in, when the mortician would get bored of her, when she had milked all she could from the once beautiful Melanie, she would too arrange her in pretty jars.
                                                                                                                                                                         Just like mama.

The end. La Fin.

« Last Edit: March 21, 2008, 06:48:56 PM by Nefensis »

DM Macabre

• Dungeon Master
  • Dark Power
« Reply #35 on: March 21, 2008, 09:46:58 PM »
// Awesome writing! Awesome story! Deeply impressed!  :bow:

Nefensis

• MIA
  • Dark Power
  • Gaming wench )0(
« Reply #36 on: March 21, 2008, 09:53:22 PM »
Thank you very much.

Taty

• Dark Power
« Reply #37 on: March 22, 2008, 06:47:10 AM »
She died a hero's death, fighting to the end, placing her cause and those she cared about ahead of herself. A loss for all of us. You handled this with class and style and I will seek to emulate you when my time comes. :clap:

Teh Pez

• Undead Slayer
  • Tonight... you!!
« Reply #38 on: March 22, 2008, 12:27:34 PM »
The best In game wife ever.  Whether it was making people sick to their stomachs making out, or killing a pit fiend general it was always interesting and meaningful.  Going to miss all the fun I had interacting with Melanie, an amazing character for sure.  Oh boy, when Elsin finds out... [cracks knuckles]  :twisted:

DM Macabre

• Dungeon Master
  • Dark Power
« Reply #39 on: March 22, 2008, 12:30:08 PM »
 :ontome:

Nefensis

• MIA
  • Dark Power
  • Gaming wench )0(
« Reply #40 on: June 10, 2009, 01:11:38 PM »