Public (OOC) > Tech discussion

Cant access Profile

(1/2) > >>

Torgrimmerr:
Name: Cant Access Profile

Where: Right after server section screen, on log in screen, where you put in your profile name to log in.

When: When you first log in.

What: Now when i try to log in to my profile, it keeps telling me im already "the player's name is already in use.", I went into the nwn.ini file and delete my profile name from the Player name list, so i don't know what to do now, any help? It been like this for a week now. The profile name is torgrimmerr. It happen after a recent re-install off of Steam of NWN:EE.

Recreate: To recreate it create a profile, then un-stall the game from steam, them re-stall the game and re-enter the profile as described in the what section.

Ideas: I dont know, I just want my Cleric back :(

Iridni Ren:
It's likely caused by your reinstall changing your gamekey somehow.

Is there any way you can recover the gamekey you were using before?

Torgrimmerr:
I dont know how to do that, ill need help with that if someone has that knowledge. sorry :(

Iridni Ren:
Unfortunately, I don't use Steam, but in your My Documents file you have a cdkey.ini file where it's stored.

Did you originally install with Beamdog? Because that's how I've heard of this happening before.

Ard:
Get on your account on beamdog's page.
Copy the key it's shown there on your library ( nwn).
Replace the key in nwncdkey.ini. / cdkey.ini

That should work.

Steam has it's own cd key (also valid one). But if you registered your username to the key from Beamdog, you should use that one.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version