Author Topic: Broken Bell  (Read 2356 times)

DM Tarokka

• Dark Power
  • Fata volentem ducunt, nolentem trahunt
    • Facebook page
Broken Bell
« on: September 17, 2018, 01:03:35 AM »
[some posters appear around Vallaki]

The Broken Bell Theatre is hiring:

We are seeking:
One artistic director
Artists of any type (performers, writers, painters, artisans for costumes and scenery)
Advertisement agents
Bouncers
Waitresses and/or general services (ticket selling/checking)

Leave a message to Samvel in the bar who will deliver it to whom it may concern

// contact me via PM or on Discord
« Last Edit: September 17, 2018, 09:55:04 AM by DM Tarokka »
http://www.facebook.com/CiaranII
Pokemon Go! 5688 6574 4676

DM Tarokka

• Dark Power
    • Facebook page
Re: Broken Bell
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2018, 01:07:31 AM »
[further posters appear]

At the Broken Bell, today, special meeting with prospect employees. Speak to Samvel of your interest and enjoy the food and drinks of the inn, during the afternoon you will be interviewed

// 18th September starting at time 15 CEST and ongoing for some hours. Contact me either via PM or on Discord to arrange a meeting
« Last Edit: September 17, 2018, 11:29:22 PM by DM Tarokka »

DM Tarokka

• Dark Power
    • Facebook page
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2018, 11:29:40 PM »
// Going to repeat this also today, same time.

Iridni Ren

• Priestess of Pelor
  • The Wayfarer Kinship
  • Dark Power
  • When all other lights go out
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2018, 09:05:57 AM »
// Bump: Should should be happening in game now!

My windows cracked, but they can be replaced.
Your arm will tire throwing stones my way.

DM Tarokka

• Dark Power
    • Facebook page
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2018, 02:03:35 AM »
// This happens also today 19th September, for a couple of hours in European timezone afternoon.

DM Tarokka

• Dark Power
    • Facebook page
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2018, 12:39:17 AM »
[Posters are renewed]

We are seeking:
One artistic director
Artists of any type (performers, writers, painters, artisans for costumes and scenery)
Advertisement agents
Bouncers

We are also ready to sign contracts with those who are ready themselves

Leave a message to Samvel in the bar who will deliver it to whom it may concern

// I should be online during European afternoon, but you can contact me via PM or on Discord to arrange a meeting

Iridni Ren

• Priestess of Pelor
  • The Wayfarer Kinship
  • Dark Power
Broken Bell
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2018, 12:09:47 AM »

We are seeking:
One artistic director
Advertisement agents
Bouncers

We are also ready to sign contracts with those who are ready themselves

A production of Luciana Armont, Baroness of South Sturben and purveyor of culture

Spoiler: show
// New, low-level PCs welcome and encouraged. Want to get involved in something? This is your chance! Forum PM is fine, or drop by for the culture lessons next Saturday. Anyone applying for a job will be admitted for free :D

Iridni Ren

• Priestess of Pelor
  • The Wayfarer Kinship
  • Dark Power
Broken Bell
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2018, 12:48:45 AM »

People of Barovia, your theatre, The Broken Bell, is casting its first production!

Shades of Falkovnia: A bawdy, yet brilliant farce

We are seeking:
* One artistic director
* Artisans for costumes and scenery
* Three male actors--Indifferent as to appearance, but ability to speak Common with a Falkovnian accent is needed for the comical lead
* Four female actors--The lead will be young and beautiful, but the other three need only be voluptuous.

Local talent will be given preference for roles, but we will find a job for any hard worker, including refugees from Dementlieu!

We still need:
A bouncer
A ticket seller

A production of Luciana Armont, Baroness of South Sturben and purveyor of culture

// New, low-level PCs welcome and encouraged. Want to get involved in something? This is your chance! Forum PM is fine, or drop by for the culture lessons next Saturday. Anyone applying for a job will be admitted for free :D

Iridni Ren

• Priestess of Pelor
  • The Wayfarer Kinship
  • Dark Power
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2018, 01:35:57 AM »
[The posters are refreshed]

People of Barovia, your theatre, The Broken Bell, is casting its first production!

We are seeking:
* One artistic director
* Artisans for costumes and scenery
* Three male actors--Indifferent as to appearance, but ability to speak Common with a Falkovnian accent is needed for the comical lead
* Four Two female actors--The lead will be young and beautiful, but the other three need only be voluptuous.

Local talent will be given preference for roles, but we will find a job for any hard worker, including refugees from Dementlieu!

We still need:
A bouncer
A ticket seller

Iridni Ren

• Priestess of Pelor
  • The Wayfarer Kinship
  • Dark Power
« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2018, 04:23:59 PM »
[The posters are refreshed with corrections]

We are seeking:
* An artisan for scenery
* Two actors, male or female--Indifferent as to appearance.
* One voluptuous female actor.

We also still need:
* A ticket seller

// New, low-level PCs welcome and encouraged. Want to get involved in something? This is your chance! Forum PM is fine, or drop by for the culture lessons next Sunday. Anyone applying for a job will be admitted for free :D
« Last Edit: November 21, 2018, 04:35:54 PM by Iridni Ren »

Iridni Ren

• Priestess of Pelor
  • The Wayfarer Kinship
  • Dark Power
« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2018, 12:28:15 PM »

Shades of Falkovnia....

A bawdy, brilliant farce (yet highly moral tale extolling Barovian virtues) is now in production!

* The looms are spinning to make imaginative costumes to dazzle your eyes
* Our troupe is practicing their craft so as to move you to laughter, screams, and tears
* And the Broken Bell is refurbishing its kitchen and other facilities so as to make your stay and dining as comfortable as possible whilst you enjoy a grand night of theatre!

Any who wish to be a part of this magnificent enterprise (and Vallaki's cultural rebirth) inquire with:

Dame Chantalyn Vanatar, Theatre Manager

// New, low-level PCs welcome and encouraged. Want to get involved in something? This is your chance! Forum PM is fine, or drop by for the culture lessons next Sunday. Anyone applying for a job will be admitted for free :D

// If you are acting or otherwise involved in the play, scripts and contracts are ready. Please make arrangements to get yours. You can always come to Sunday's event!

Iridni Ren

• Priestess of Pelor
  • The Wayfarer Kinship
  • Dark Power
Broken Bell
« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2018, 07:45:08 PM »
[The following notice has been posted outside the entrance to the Broken Bell's basement theatre.]

An Open Letter to All Patrons and Performers of the Broken Bell Theatre:

A certain matter has come to my attention that demands response and respond to it I shall. The following is a letter I shall engage a courier to deliver to Port-a-Lucine. I share it with you, my friends, colleagues, and supporters in hopes that it will put to rest any questions you may have about the future of our shared endeavor (or concerns you might have for my personal safety, which I most humbly accept and appreciate).

Regardless of any difficulties and threats to myself, rest assured: the Show must go on!

Chanty

[Written in calligraphic Common handwriting and smelling of a musky, sensual perfume.]

To the superiors of Sergeant Joachim Schrotter:

Dear Sirs and Madames,

I wish to register a complaint against this underling of yours for abuse of his office and threatening law-abiding citizens outside his lawful jurisdiction.

Perhaps you are unaware of it, but the man is wanted on Barovian soil for trying to sacrifice an innocent woman (and dear colleague of mine) to a demon. Yet somehow he believes you have granted him the authority to persecute the guiltless and respectable, who dwell in a land where he is feared as a criminal himself, and offer enormous rewards from the treasury of Dementlieu for the silliest of alleged crimes. Are your coffers really so fat that 10,000 gold can be doled out whenever a sergeant's petty ego is offended that his baseless desire to "interrogate" a beautiful (and charming) woman is ignored?

My impression is at this very moment you face foreign invasion and have only recently endured a horrible civil war. I hear tales of orphaned waifs wailing for their mothers and starving in your streets. Of good and brave soldiers who have been maimed by duty and need a hospice. Of social unrest and resentment toward the gendarmes as a result.

Are you going to tolerate such profligate stewardship of the monies entrusted to your forces under these many crises? I imagine this sergeant sitting warm at his desk while the heroes of Dementlieu endure hardship and the fire of enemies, trying to justify his existence, rank, and salary by such bureaucratic nonsense.

Is it true that the normal bounty for running a smuggling operation in Port-a-Lucine or being a crazed murderer stalking the Ouvrier is typically two or three thousand solars? Does he accuse me then of something the average citizen of Port who looks to you for her protection sees as four times as vile or worse? You would waste ten thousand gold for the abduction and kidnapping of an honest businesswoman who offers only employment and hope to your misplaced citizen refugees?

While Caliban gangs fill the Port-a-Lucine streets at night and the thugs of Drakov are at your gates, Schrotter is throwing away Dementlieuse tax receipts to hire agents abroad looking for more (alleged) criminals to import? One can only presume this is because he would rather enforce his sense of "etiquette" on a solitary damsel than police hardened lawbreakers who might actually be a threat to him.

To respond to Schrotter's ludicrous charge (he confesses he has no idea whether I have ever been in the country even or what I look like, as no witnesses to the same have come forward):

I have never claimed a title issued by your government.  I do not even speak Mordentish,  so it is impossible that I could ever write or say something that would "impersonate a legally controlled title" in Dementlieu because I assume such titles controlled by your government are denoted in Mordentish. I have never had any discussion, conversation, or even the briefest of exchanges with anyone inside the legal jurisdiction of Dementlieu about rank or title or any other other matter whatsoever.

In my own country and the language I've learned here in Barovia, it is quite common to use Domn (Sir) and the female equivalent, Doamna, to indicate respect. So it is the same in my own place of birth. "Dame" is nothing more there (or in Balok) than a shortened form of what I understand in your language to be "Madame" ("my lady"). It is how (such as in this letter) one addresses someone of unknown rank. In correspondence and advertisements such as the Broken Bell produces (in Common), it informs the reader that I am female. ("Chantalyn" is quite the unique name, you see, and so I do this as courtesy to those who have not had the fortune and pleasure yet of meeting me.)

Given the sergeant's low birth in such an authoritarian, despotic land as Falkovnia, it is little wonder that he fails to understand basic refinements (though I marvel how he came to be in the position he holds with your government at such a critical--and treacherous--time) and believes he can use the respect afforded his uniform to harass civilians of other realms.

Who is worse: the foreigner who courteously calls herself "Dame" in far off Barovia, or that criminal foreigner who flees to your city to escape lawful prosecution and to masquerade in the Dementlieuse uniform so he can bully and berate your countrymen and women in true Falkovnian fashion--without need to conquer you, but all the while personally raiding the Dementlieuse treasury to gratify his own grievances (and desires)?

I do hope, however, that you are native born to Dementlieu and can recognize this vendetta for what it is: the spurned attention of an imported egoist. Moreover, given his history of demonic sacrifice, clearly he should not be allowed to summon defenseless women for interrogation every time the whim strikes him--especially those women of virtue living and working entirely outside his jurisdiction.

Brought to Barovia unwillingly by the Mists, without friend or family, I have busied myself being productive in my adopted village of Vallaki. I have no time to waste with idle bureaucrats who have little to do themselves but shuffle papers and drag hardworking, respectable women willy-nilly to Port-a-Lucine, heedless of the personal inconvenience or economic hardship to myself and my many employees who depend on me. Consequently and at some expense, I have paid a courier to deliver this complaint to your beautiful city.

Some day in the future, perhaps, when times are more peaceful, the way less dangerous, and my schedule freer, I can vacation to your lovely country and make a social call upon my fellow laborer in the vineyards of the arts, Maitresse Verinne.

Until then, please reprimand your underling with all haste and give this Falkovnian proper discipline in how civilized nations such as Dementlieu enforce laws and practice their relations with other states. Frankly, if his self-importance goes unchecked, he is likely to involve Dementlieu in some international incident. Perhaps that is his intent? Falkovnians are not known for statesmanship and diplomacy, and it would certainly help his Falkovnian comrades in their threatened pillaging of you.

Left to his own devices, what whimsy might this power-mad lackey of yours entertain next: arresting Count Strahd for calling himself a Count in his own castle?

With warm regards, malice toward none, and all best wishes,

Dame Chantalyn Vanatar

Manager, Broken Bell Theatre

Posted in game.

Iridni Ren

• Priestess of Pelor
  • The Wayfarer Kinship
  • Dark Power
« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2018, 11:52:00 AM »

The Broken Bell Theatre Company of Vallaki proudly presents...

Shades of Falkovnia

A highly moral tale of Barovian virtue and Falkovnian decadence filled with lust, sensuality, depravity, and violence.

Come see beautiful (and not so beautiful) women, a wicked man, and a horrible monster in this smash spectacle for the mind and senses!

Starring:

Julian VantÚs Saunier

Dame Avana Larcosa

Dame Anaralia Xilloufin

Naraldur Munessa

Cristan Keldan

Koltn Laceris

Direction: Dame Chantalyn Vanatar

Costuming: Dame Nyssa Then

Do not miss what is sure to be the talk of the town!

Ticket price: 100 gold. Our city's illustrious Garda admitted for free.

A production of the Baroness Luciana Armont. Sponsored by the Red Vardo Trading Company.

// Countdown! https://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?p0=179&iso=20181201T11&year=2018&month=12&day=1&hour=11&min=0&sec=0&msg=Shades%20of%20Falkovnia
« Last Edit: November 27, 2018, 11:56:03 AM by Iridni Ren »

Iridni Ren

• Priestess of Pelor
  • The Wayfarer Kinship
  • Dark Power
« Reply #13 on: November 30, 2018, 01:47:54 AM »

Shades of Falkovnia

A highly moral tale of Barovian virtue and Falkovnian decadence filled with lust, sensuality, depravity, and violence.

Come see beautiful (and not so beautiful) women, a wicked man, and a horrible monster in this smash spectacle for the mind and senses!

Starring:

Julian VantÚs Saunier     Dame Avana Larcosa
Dame Anaralia Xilloufin     Naraldur Munessa
Cristan Keldan     Koltn Laceris

Direction: Dame Chantalyn Vanatar; Costuming: Dame Nyssa Then

Note: In respect to our artists, doors will lock when the curtain rises, and no late arrivals will be admitted!

A production of the Baroness Luciana Armont. Sponsored by the Red Vardo Trading Company.

// Countdown! https://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?p0=179&iso=20181201T11&year=2018&month=12&day=1&hour=11&min=0&sec=0&msg=Shades%20of%20Falkovnia

Iridni Ren

• Priestess of Pelor
  • The Wayfarer Kinship
  • Dark Power
« Reply #14 on: December 01, 2018, 09:17:47 AM »

Shades of Falkovnia

Starring:

Julian VantÚs Saunier     Dame Avana Larcosa
Dame Anaralia Xilloufin     Naraldur Munessa
Cristan Keldan     Koltn Laceris

Direction: Dame Chantalyn Vanatar; Costuming: Dame Nyssa Then

Note: In respect to our artists, doors will lock when the curtain rises, and no late arrivals will be admitted!

// Less than two hours from now! Countdown: https://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?p0=179&iso=20181201T11&year=2018&month=12&day=1&hour=11&min=0&sec=0&msg=Shades%20of%20Falkovnia

DM Tarokka

• Dark Power
    • Facebook page
« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2018, 10:48:12 AM »
*a simple poster is pinned outside the Broken Bell inn*

Looking for skilled writer for a historical play

You may leave your name and your location with Samvel and you will be contacted back

//OOC: you can contact me either via forum or on Discord
« Last Edit: December 02, 2018, 10:49:53 AM by DM Tarokka »

Iridni Ren

• Priestess of Pelor
  • The Wayfarer Kinship
  • Dark Power
« Reply #16 on: December 16, 2018, 09:57:25 PM »
[Attached to the sign outside the Broken Bell in a florid script]

Dear Patrons, Supporters, Friends, and Employees,

Yesterday, a former trusted actor of mine, Anaralia Xilloufin, whose ear has been poisoned by unsavory elements in Port-a-Lucine, arrived at the Broken Bell under the cloak of vraja and tried to convey me to Port, where it is well known the buffoonish womanizer Joachim Schrotter has long wished to procure me the same way he violated my dear colleague, Melina--unlawfully offering 10,000 of his war-torn nation's gold to any unscruplous panderer who would fetch me to his bed and enslave me to his evil lust.

Poor, duped Anaralia claimed that if I were willing to help in the rescue of someone named "Laurette," I would no longer be threatened. Although I certainly feel pity for Laurette if she has fallen into the clutches of the depraved Schrotter, I declined the trade.

Ana began to argue with one of my troupe, a frail young man named Julian, who has only recently been recovering from the grievous wounds he suffered at the hands of wererats. (Those who attended our production of Shades of Falkovnia will remember Julian's tour de force as Sergeant Scheisse.)

The woman invoked more forbidden vraja on Julian to slay him, including summoning some foul monstrosity into my theatre. She then tried to flee, but I quickly barred the door. When I told her to wait while the garda were fetched, she acted as though she would. The moment I unlocked the door, however, and despite that none of the other three present had raised a hand to her, she again used vraja to hide herself and escape justice.

This Elvish witch I took under my wing when she first arrived here, alone and without a friend, giving her enormous sums of gold and making her a star. I also twice saved her from the clutches of wererats, once paying a priestess out of my own purse to restore her!

This violence is how she returns my kindness. I am deeply saddened to speak against someone I had grown to love like the sister I never had, but the truth must be told, as I have heard so many falsehoods about my Baroness spewing from Port-a-Lucine. If these lies and slanders were against only my own person, I would endure them without a whimper--as is my way--but I cannot stand by and let a philanthropist and benefactor like the beloved Baroness Armont suffer because of my foolish misjudgement of the character of an Elvish witch.

Seeing poor, gentle Julian lying in a pool of his own blood, thanks to my unrequited charity, is enough to loosen my reluctant tongue, however much it grieves me. I had no choice but to summon the garda. Although I am innocent of what might have provoked the confrontation between Julian and Ana, that she fled back to her nefarious cohorts in Port-a-Lucine, rather than face a fair interrogation, makes me certain of her guilt.

Dame Chantalyn Vanatar
Manager, Broken Bell Theatre
//Placed in game
« Last Edit: December 16, 2018, 10:00:40 PM by Iridni Ren »

urathraviel

• Developers
  • Dark Lord
« Reply #17 on: December 17, 2018, 03:14:45 PM »
[in the dead of night, an invisible woman, dressed in black and red had any been able to see. Affixed a note to the previous posting. And a couple of others discretely around the area, before sprinting off magically fast into The night.]

To those who subscribe to Ecclesiarch Chantalyn Vanator's pack of lies, I issue a correction.

I am not, and never have been, a dear colleague of this woman. Instead I suffered constant attacks during our meetings. While I performed all of the work we had been hired to work together upon.

Those who attended the classes where we worked as the professor's personal assistants could be forgiven for thinking Chantalyn's services were performed behind closed doors, as it was always myself who collected class fees and posted the first class announcements. While Chantalyn's contributions seemed only to consist of constant flirting with the professor, despite having a lover.

It is my belief that this woman is deeply disturbed and dangerous, with unhealthy fascinations given the comments she was prone to.

Such anger was possibly created by her faithless lover, who previously courted myself before lying with her, and continuing to chase other women as she was not sufficient to slake his lust. I question the wisdom of a woman who would remain with such a man.

I am glad to no longer work alongside this woman who holds such violent wrath for such petty slights, I lived in fear she would poison my food and will surely resume checking it after announcing this. Though I invite her to endure my correction without a whimper, as is her way.

-Melina, Hero of Lamordia.

« Last Edit: December 17, 2018, 06:28:11 PM by urathraviel »

Iridni Ren

• Priestess of Pelor
  • The Wayfarer Kinship
  • Dark Power
« Reply #18 on: December 19, 2018, 12:28:53 AM »
[A new, handwritten sign is observed behind the bar, giving instructions to the Broken Bell's serving staff.]

Iridni Ren

• Priestess of Pelor
  • The Wayfarer Kinship
  • Dark Power
« Reply #19 on: December 26, 2018, 01:12:08 PM »

Announcing: Auditions (priority will be given to veteran members of the Broken Bell Troupe)

Roles needed: Two males, two females, three flexible

Be a part of the grand epic of Barovia!

A production of the Baroness Luciana Armont

// Please feel free to PM

Iridni Ren

• Priestess of Pelor
  • The Wayfarer Kinship
  • Dark Power
« Reply #20 on: January 12, 2019, 12:12:49 AM »
[A familiar statuesque woman is seen in the Bell replenishing the advertisements.]

Announcing: Auditions (priority will be given to veteran members of the Broken Bell Troupe)

Roles needed: Two One male, two one female, three flexible

Be a part of the grand epic of Barovia!

Written by the mysterious, anonymous playwright "S," rumored to be of an ancient Barovian line

A production of the Baroness Luciana Armont

// Please feel free to PM or come by the Bell!

Iridni Ren

• Priestess of Pelor
  • The Wayfarer Kinship
  • Dark Power
« Reply #21 on: March 03, 2019, 11:54:28 AM »

4th Annual Simeun Radkov Day

The celebration will fall on the 4th of Aprillie this year.

All persons, both Barovian and travelers from abroad, are invited to attend the festivities to be held in Vallaki's own Broken Bell Theatre.

There will be copious drink.
And feasting! Glorious feasting!

Leave your turnips at home, and come celebrate the great victory  of a noble Barovian over the notorious Vigo Fejez.

Brought to you by the Vallaki Garda in service to our Burgomaster Svari Ionelus, in cooperation with the Baroness Luciana Armont. Those wishing to show their support may contribute donations to Dame Chantalyn Vanatar, at the Broken Bell.

Iridni Ren

• Priestess of Pelor
  • The Wayfarer Kinship
  • Dark Power
Do you have what it takes?
« Reply #22 on: March 12, 2019, 11:00:50 AM »
[Posted at the Broken Bell as well as in the Outskirts]

Do you have what it takes?

* Are you a perfect specimen of Barovian man flesh?

* Do you radiate heroism?

* Are you dashing and daring, with a flair for prevailing against all odds?

Then you could be the next Simeun Radkov!

You can be a hero...just for one day. Simeun Radkov Day, that is.

If you have what it takes, Dame Chantalyn Vanatar cordially invites you to a private interview at the Broken Bell Inn, where you will have every opportunity to demonstrate you measure up.

Fame and fortune await the man who can fill...Radkov's shoes.

Leave word with the staff should you desire an audience with Dame Chantalyn to show her all your capabilities and skills.

« Last Edit: March 12, 2019, 11:06:58 AM by Iridni Ren »

goldenelvensorceress

• Outlander
« Reply #23 on: March 14, 2019, 06:00:55 PM »
(Notes are posted outside and inside the broken bell)

New, Broken Bell Hostess Hours

Yes you heard it right, the Broken Bell will now have a hostess!

Do not worry, the ever popular Samvel will still be your bartender. However enjoy the charm and company of a hostess as the Broken Bell serves your needs for a fine meal, and a good drink.

All the wonderful food, drink, and hospitality you could ever want. Without the long walk!

Also feel free to come by and inquire about the Theatre. Dame Chantalyn Vanatar is always hiring aspiring talent.

Your new Broken Bell hostess
Elvawien Englen.

« Last Edit: March 14, 2019, 06:04:02 PM by goldenelvensorceress »

Iridni Ren

• Priestess of Pelor
  • The Wayfarer Kinship
  • Dark Power
« Reply #24 on: March 27, 2019, 01:43:10 AM »

4th Annual Simeun Radkov Day

The celebration will fall on the 4th of Aprille this year.
All persons, both Barovian and travelers from abroad, are invited to take a day from their labours to observe this anniversary with their family and comrades. A traditional celebration will be held at Vallaki's own Broken Bell Theatre on the 6th of Aprille.

There will be copious drink.
Diversions, marvels, and other entertainments.
And feasting! Glorious feasting!

Come celebrate the great victory of a noble Barovian over the motherless swineherd and notorious terrorist, Vigo Fejez.

Brought to you by the Vallaki Gard in service to our
Burgomaster Svari Ionelus
in cooperation with the Baroness Luciana Armont. Those wishing to show their support may contribute donations and services or otherwise inquire with Dame Chantalyn Vanatar at
The Broken Bell.

// OOC: Feel free to PM or contact on Discord if you want to participate and would like to arrange an IC meeting!