Author Topic: Weapon Feats Update  (Read 2397 times)

EO

• Assistant Head DM/Developer
  • Head DMs
  • Dark Power
  • The one and only, the one everyone wants to be!
Weapon Feats Update
« on: September 14, 2018, 09:48:51 PM »
I'm happy to announce that Weapon Finesse now applies to the following weapons:

Nunchaku
Assassin Dagger
Katar
Light Pick
Sai
Sap

Also, the following weapons are now counted as monk weapons (like the Kama) for the number of attacks per round, except for Flurry of Blows (hardcoded):

Quarterstaff
Nunchaku
Sai
Shuriken

In the next hak update (no ETA), if all goes well, I will also add weapon feats to all supported CEP weapons, along with Greater Weapon Focus (replacing the current one)/Greater Weapon Specialization for fighters.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2018, 06:55:05 PM by EO »

Phantasia

• Stealth/Detection Cognoscenti
  • Developers
  • Dark Power
  • ¿
Re: Weapon Feats Update
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2018, 09:49:24 PM »
Excellent.
Le cœur voit plus loin que l'esprit.
The heart sees further than the mind.

Philos

• Stealth/Detection Cognoscenti
  • Developers
  • Dark Lord
  • Detruisez tous, c'est une obligation!
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2018, 10:50:42 PM »

EO

• Head DMs
  • Dark Power
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2018, 06:17:04 PM »
Added monk weapons to the list. These changes will be effective next update.

BattleCupcake

• Undead Slayer
  • The Old Cat Bard
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2018, 05:42:44 AM »

Nunchaku
Assassin Dagger
Katar
Light Pick
Sai
Sap

Also, the following weapons are now counted as monk weapons (like the Kama) for the number of attacks per round, except for Flurry of Blows (hardcoded):

Quarterstaff
Nunchaku
Sai
Shuriken

In the next hak update (no ETA), if all goes well, I will also add weapon feats to all supported CEP weapons, along with Greater Weapon Focus (replacing the current one)/Greater Weapon Specialization for fighters.

This is awesome! I've wanted to use my falchion for years, but could never justify it! Thank you!

And quarterstaff monks? Dream come true!

StellarNope

• New to the Mists
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2018, 08:58:50 AM »
Will the new Greater Weapon Focus and Weapon Specialization be available at levels 8 and 12 respectively, as they are in PnP or will they have higher requirements?

Also will the new GWF be +1 attack or +2?

BattleCupcake

• Undead Slayer
  • The Old Cat Bard
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2018, 03:49:08 PM »
Will the new Greater Weapon Focus and Weapon Specialization be available at levels 8 and 12 respectively, as they are in PnP or will they have higher requirements?

http://nwnravenloft.wikia.com/wiki/Greater_Weapon_Focus

EO

• Head DMs
  • Dark Power
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2018, 04:02:46 PM »

They’ll work like PnP. Greater Weapon Focus will replace the current iteration and be available at level 8.

ethinos

• Keepin' it hardcore since 2nd edition AD&D
  • Dark Power
  • When in doubt, fireball.
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2018, 06:32:00 PM »

Nunchaku
Assassin Dagger
Katar
Light Pick
Sai
Sap

Quarterstaff
Nunchaku
Sai
Shuriken

This is pretty awesome, indeed. Will the CEP weapons also be able to be targeted by spell buffs?
Torgan Ironshield: Battlerager and smith
Wirth Darmington II: Roguish noble
Kurgh: A simple herdsman

zDark Shadowz

« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2018, 07:13:01 PM »
This is pretty awesome, indeed. Will the CEP weapons also be able to be targeted by spell buffs?

If they aren't already I did a fix for CEP weapons not taking spell enhancements for another server a couple months back from scratch. Ravenloft uses it's own custom scripts but if they want to look at it so they can figure out what needs changing at what points and do their own edits I can send it through.

By default in nwn there's like two different scripts that the base items needed to be added to, to bypass the safe item Property scripts and add them to the list of permittable weapons, on top of editing the spell scripts themselves to allow it because of (I suspect).

My scripting was pretty rough though, but I tried editing different aspects of it when I was done to try simplify it and it kept breaking, so it seemed like it required every point at which I edited it.

But my maul is able to be enchanted IG in Ravenloft so I'm fairly sure they already have the CEP weapon stuff sorted.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2018, 07:24:44 PM by zDark Shadowz »

ViktorYouFool

• Undead Master
  • Par Nos Actes
« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2018, 11:30:11 PM »

1) Will these weapons be craftable/enchantable?
2) Will these weapons be eligable for classes requiring a weapon focus, like WM or Divine Champion?

MAB77

• Developers
  • Dark Power
« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2018, 06:54:36 PM »
For your 1st question, yes, the plan is to make CEP weapons craftable and enchantable when that change occurs. Though we will remove CEP weapons we deem unbalanced first.

For the 2nd question, it remains to be seen. Though we all agree it would be logical.
Best Regards!
MAB

Dev. Relationist for the Dark Powers.
1 Castle Road, Castle Ravenloft, Village of Barovia.

EO

• Head DMs
  • Dark Power
« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2018, 09:45:24 PM »
1) Will these weapons be craftable/enchantable?
2) Will these weapons be eligable for classes requiring a weapon focus, like WM or Divine Champion?

Yes to both questions on all counts.

ViktorYouFool

• Undead Master
  • Par Nos Actes
« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2018, 07:49:38 AM »
For your 1st question, yes, the plan is to make CEP weapons craftable and enchantable when that change occurs. Though we will remove CEP weapons we deem unbalanced first.

For the 2nd question, it remains to be seen. Though we all agree it would be logical.

The most obvious culprit for the first bit is something like the mercurial greatsword. Would the plan be to remove it entirely, or modified its state? If removed, will characters who have existing weapons be compensated?

Grendlykins, Simp of Azalin Rex

• Society of the Erudite
  • Dark Lord
« Reply #14 on: September 26, 2018, 12:26:53 PM »
The mercurial weapons are exempt from these changes I believe, according to prior Discord conversations with developers.

MAB77

• Developers
  • Dark Power
« Reply #15 on: September 26, 2018, 03:51:36 PM »
For the weapons we'll retire, existing items will not be removed from the game and would continue to perform as they are now. They simply won't drop in loot anymore, they will not be craftable and there will be no feat support for them.
Best Regards!
MAB

Dev. Relationist for the Dark Powers.
1 Castle Road, Castle Ravenloft, Village of Barovia.