Suggestions, Feedback & Bug Reports (OOC) > Module Feedback and Suggestions

Countdown bar for changing armour

(1/3) > >>

poisonivy2:
Well, I didnt want to be this person and I dont want to be hated, but.... in this last week since I came back I noticed that the server is really crowded and a lot of people are abusing armor changing... I've seen people wearing clothes on the outskirts changing into heavy armor in a snap of fingers when werewolves attack (it only starts to count as "combate mode" after someone gets hit), I've seen people on dungeons removing full plates in order to cast spells and then putting them back on, again, in a snap of fingers and I've seen people getting on their armours even while running...

I used to play on this brazilian RP server and they had a nice thing to prevent this, actually a pretty simple system:

When getting into armor, a time bar would do a countdown (just like the rest bar on single player), each armor having its own time needed. If I remember right, it would take 8 full rounds to get in a full plate, or out of it.

While the bar decreases, the system keeps the char on crouching position, making it incapable of moving, attacking and casting.

It just takes a few real life seconds, but I really think that would make things much more close to reality and prevent abuse. In fact, in real life its kinda impossible to put on or to remove a set of full plate mail without help, thats one of the reasons knights had squiers.

emptyanima:
I played a server with the same system, my issue was that it took 8 seconds to cycle between appearances when crafting. Safe to say, I didn’t play there long.

It is better to lead by example with armour use and to have a quick chat with folks about it.

ILLY6666:

--- Quote from: emptyanima on September 13, 2018, 07:08:21 AM ---I played a server with the same system, my issue was that it took 8 seconds to cycle between appearances when crafting. Safe to say, I didn’t play there long.

It is better to lead by example with armour use and to have a quick chat with folks about it.

--- End quote ---

I know a server that has this system, but how they handle armor crafting is different.
Instead of changing the armor you have, you do it at a NPC doll and then you simply apply the armor to yourself.
Meaning, you won't do it until you're done with your tweaks. However, that would require a total rework of the current system.

poisonivy2:

--- Quote from: emptyanima on September 13, 2018, 07:08:21 AM ---I played a server with the same system, my issue was that it took 8 seconds to cycle between appearances when crafting. Safe to say, I didn’t play there long.

--- End quote ---

As usually, I didnt thought about that issue =/

Silas Rotleaf:
For changing into and out of armor I have seen some people do descriptive RP about "doffing their helm", snapping and buckling on or off the plate parts, and so on which though imperfect is still an effort. You kind of get about as much in as you put in when it comes describing physical actions...
Up to the point of that if it is too wordy you can get smacked around a bit or wind up dead from stuff if you are wordsmithing more than you are doing attack/evade or running.

However, maybe that is a realistic consequence for trying to quickly change into or out of a suit of protective stuff while in a dangerous situation. In real life it would be awkward and we can infer that historically some medieval knights would have helpers to get them in or out of their armor before jousting and so on, right?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version