Author Topic: Issues in Harvest temple and Anubis temple  (Read 2231 times)

Satyricon

• Outlander
Issues in Harvest temple and Anubis temple
« on: September 09, 2018, 02:17:58 AM »
Some of the issues encountered in the harvest temple the last weeks:

- Fireball spells sometimes doesnt affect creatures.

- Once a creature is killed with melee, the character doesnt automatically switch target. You have to manually switch target after each creature is killed.

- Statues doesnt interact/dialogue menu doesnt show up.

- Door doesnt open after figurine is given to statue. (only encountered this once)

- You have to close and open the doors once before entering each corridor for the mummies to spawn inside.

Anubis temple:

- Fireball and other offensive spells sometimes doesnt work on creatures.

- Traps inside the final hallway leading up to the room with the guardians were triggered far outside the room.

- Sometimes the levers dont open the doors in the large hallway.

Perhaps others have encountered these issues as well, and they dont occur 100% of the time. It's very strange as it seems rather random what bugs that will appear.

Tarnation!

• Undead Master
  • Account for native characters.
Re: Issues in Harvest temple and Anubis temple
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2018, 02:37:08 AM »
To elaborate on the fireball issue: the spell is cast, the fireball goes flying, but the explosion simply doesn't trigger.
Carmine, Wynstan's Son - Itsy bitsy, teeny weeny, Ezrite from land of tortellini.

Fungal Artillery

• Undead Master
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2018, 07:33:18 AM »
The fireball issue sounds like it could be connected to the Mass Spell issue

https://www.nwnravenloft.com/forum/index.php?topic=49008.0
"A man in a robe, claiming communion with the divine? Madness." - Narrator, Darkest Dungeon

EO

• Assistant Head DM/Developer
  • Head DMs
  • Dark Power
  • The one and only, the one everyone wants to be!
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2018, 10:03:09 PM »
To elaborate on the fireball issue: the spell is cast, the fireball goes flying, but the explosion simply doesn't trigger.

Can you pinpoint on the map exactly where? Or does it happen in different locations? Are you invisible or not and do you see the creatures when you shoot it?

- Statues doesnt interact/dialogue menu doesnt show up.

- Door doesnt open after figurine is given to statue. (only encountered this once)

- You have to close and open the doors once before entering each corridor for the mummies to spawn inside.

I'll fix those three in my next update.

Song of Danta

« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2018, 07:13:55 AM »
The fireball issue is unrelated to the area. No, the character was not invisible, and yes, the creatures were in LoS and visible when it was shot.
Tested with a queue of five fireballs, and the third didn't fire off. It's entirely random.

DM Cataclysm

• Head DMs
  • Dark Power
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2018, 11:08:13 AM »
My experience in the Anubis temple has been that the further in you go, the less likely they are to work. I’m wondering if it may be related to specific creatures as they spawn?

I was there twice this weekend and didn’t have any fireballs fail in the first rooms to the east and west of the entrance.

When advancing to the next area after the trapped halls, we gathered all of the disciples from the four rooms around the locked/lever-released hall. When using fireballs on that group, they would effect some of the enemies, but not others. It wasn’t related to a spacing issue, as some of the enemies closest to the detonation were unaffected, while those further away took damage. There were no Acolytes in this group that would have had SR.

In the northern most room, after the locked hallway - the fireballs always seem to work on the three disciples in the main area by the altar. The Anubis Guardians are immune, but the combat log reflects that, so they seem to be getting hit.

In the rooms to the east and west of the altar, fireballs work sporadically again - effecting some targets and not others.

In the hidden room with two chests, I can’t get any AoE damage spell to work at all. Fireballs, firebrand, and ball lightning all produce an animation but don’t do anything else.

EO

• Head DMs
  • Dark Power
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2018, 09:08:30 PM »
The statue, door and spawn bugs should now be fixed. You can also test Fireball again to see if it works any better.

DM Cataclysm

• Head DMs
  • Dark Power
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2018, 12:08:58 AM »
The fireball problem is still present and seems to be functioning about the same as before in Anubis. The deeper you go, the less effective they become.

noah25

• Dark Lord
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2018, 10:50:15 PM »
In harvest it is limited to two hallways in my experience. Hallway 3 and hallway 5. It keeps firebrand from working as well.

BattleCupcake

• Undead Slayer
  • The Old Cat Bard
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2020, 02:17:15 PM »
In Anubis' temple, this is nearly 100% reproducible in the central room all the pathways branch from (the one that leads to the end chamber, and the 4 passages with levers).

This is also reproducible in the Monastery south of Vallaki. It happens in the last room of the second floor, as well as in the room containing Gilos on the third floor.

Iridni Ren

• L'injustice à la fin produit l'indépendance.
  • Dark Power
  • When all other lights go out
« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2020, 02:18:49 PM »
Two healing circles didn't work in Anubis last night for me either.

My windows cracked, but they can be replaced.
Your arm will tire throwing stones my way.

EO

• Head DMs
  • Dark Power
« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2020, 10:27:40 AM »
In Anubis' temple, this is nearly 100% reproducible in the central room all the pathways branch from (the one that leads to the end chamber, and the 4 passages with levers).

This is also reproducible in the Monastery south of Vallaki. It happens in the last room of the second floor, as well as in the room containing Gilos on the third floor.

Can you take screenshots of where your caster is when it occurs (include the minimap)? It'll help.

BattleCupcake

• Undead Slayer
  • The Old Cat Bard
« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2020, 05:21:44 PM »
I got a group together to hit the Temple of Anubis. In at least the following two locations, AoE spells will not function:

The main room that branches into four others, especially in this doorway. Five fireballs failed to damage any creatures, allied or enemy. (Minimap included)
Spoiler: show

The long hallway with all the trapped doors that leads to the end of the dungeon. I tried three different spots in this hallway, and in all of them, my Aura of Vitality spell failed to affect any creatures. (Sorry, forgot minimap)
Spoiler: show