You have been taken by the Mists

Author Topic: The small stature weight imballance.  (Read 915 times)

IkarosFell

• New to the Mists
The small stature weight imballance.
« on: September 08, 2018, 12:27:49 PM »
Hey, i have been bothered for a LONG time by how nwn has implemented less carry weight for small statured creatures, but not made items weight less in relation.

To put it simply, a gnome in a fullplate carries the same amount of metal in his/her fullplate as a human does - Because they both weigh the same!

Im not usually talking about such things as "punishments" because its how the game is. However, when you take -2 strenght, and get 3/4'ths carry capacity, and everything weighs the same as for everyone else, i would call that punishment indeed. Its like they didnt know what to do, and just implemented something half-heartedly.

Look here:

https://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/SRD:Table_of_Creature_Size_and_Scale

And here

https://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/SRD:Armor_for_Unusual_Creatures

----------------------------------------------

There is an inherrent injustice in letting small statured chars get the 3/4'ths carry capacity, if none of their items weigh less.

My suggestion is, make armors, shields, weapons weigh less when equipted(or carried i guess) by a gnome or halfling. That would indeed be fair in my eyes.

Maybe another option is to totally remove the 3/4'ths carry capacity, and just hit them with -2 strenght, as it is in the game. That makes it totally fair for all parties. They still get -2 srenght, and can carry less.

--------------

I dont know..... This has just been bothering me for a while, and IMO its preventing some interresting small statured characters in heavy armor an with big weapons/shield.

Any ideas on this topic?

Love from the constantly encumbered Glitterbright Lazze Aagilha Brighteye Sparkleton Goldfeet Junior

APorg

• Dark Power
  • Fanatic Xenophile
Re: The small stature weight imballance.
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2018, 12:44:33 PM »
You are incorrect, small statures don't carry less. Test it yourself. A human character with STR 14 has the same carry allowance as a halfling with STR 14, 116 lb.
“Moral wounds have this peculiarity - they may be hidden, but they never close; always painful, always ready to bleed when touched, they remain fresh and open in the heart.”
― Alexandre Dumas, The Count of Monte Cristo

IkarosFell

• New to the Mists
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2018, 01:22:45 PM »
Wow. You're right.

DOnt know where i get those 3 fourths from.... Has it always been like this or is it custom to this server ? Maybe i've been playing nwn2 too long

MAB77

• Developers
  • Dark Power
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2018, 02:14:13 PM »
It has always been like this in NWN. It's not a custom setting. The only penality you have is the racial -2  to strength and the inability to carry large items, but that is only normal.
Best Regards!
MAB

Dev. Relationist for the Dark Powers.
1 Castle Road, Castle Ravenloft, Village of Barovia.

IkarosFell

• New to the Mists
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2018, 02:24:10 PM »
oh pardon. yes thats only fair.

sry for the bs post then =P