Author Topic: Gauntlets/Bracers Crafting  (Read 989 times)

ChrisRanHimselfOver

• Undead Slayer
Gauntlets/Bracers Crafting
« on: September 05, 2018, 08:37:13 PM »
I was tinkering a bit with gauntlet and bracer crafting earlier and noticed that there is no option for making these two things out of chitin.

It might be nice to add a chitin option for both of these for druids or any other characters that might have an aversion to wearing a lot of metal.

I'd also like to throw out the suggestion of craftable leather or cloth gloves that can be plated for glove options that serve a utility or armor purpose rather than a weaponized purpose, much like boots do now.
Currently Playing: Coltan Viris
Shelved: Tristan Hawkins, Robin Moreau

BattleCupcake

• Undead Slayer
  • The Old Cat Bard
Re: Gauntlets/Bracers Crafting
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2018, 03:27:55 AM »
Seconded, I'd love to have craftable hippie gear.

ladylena

• Gundie Mom
  • Dark Power
  • Meow!
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2018, 07:02:10 AM »
I was a bit surprised to see that metal was the only component. It would be really neat to see it perhaps as 1 metal/chitin and 1 leather?
Currently playing:
                          Narcissa Bogdan

MAB77

• Developers
  • Dark Power
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2018, 07:29:26 AM »
I was tinkering a bit with gauntlet and bracer crafting earlier and noticed that there is no option for making these two things out of chitin.

It might be nice to add a chitin option for both of these for druids or any other characters that might have an aversion to wearing a lot of metal.

I considered that in the conception phase, but maintaining the properties of chitins and considering it could not be gilded, a thick chitin bracers ends up weaker than a certain common pair of leather gloves from the loot tables that respect the druid's no metal oath. As I also wanted to maintain some utility to those gloves I decided not to implement chitin bracers. Granted it could still be better once enchanted.

I'd also like to throw out the suggestion of craftable leather or cloth gloves that can be plated for glove options that serve a utility or armor purpose rather than a weaponized purpose, much like boots do now.

Actually, it should have been included at the same time. I'll make sure the leather glove templates are included in the leatherworker NPC's inventories if it is not the case already.

PS: Chitins is now an option to plate boots and (eventually) the leather gloves too. I know they are still labeled steel-plated if you do them now, but it will be corrected on the next update.

« Last Edit: September 06, 2018, 07:33:14 AM by MAB77 »
Best Regards!
MAB

Dev. Relationist for the Dark Powers.
1 Castle Road, Castle Ravenloft, Village of Barovia.

MAB77

• Developers
  • Dark Power
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2018, 07:59:53 AM »
As for chitin gauntlets. The same issue arises that the nature of the material makes it poorly suitable as a weapon, the chitin plated leather gloves will however address the issue.

Where metal gauntlets are purely offensive and the bracers purely defensive, the leather gloves are somewhat in between.
Best Regards!
MAB

Dev. Relationist for the Dark Powers.
1 Castle Road, Castle Ravenloft, Village of Barovia.