You have been taken by the Mists

Author Topic: The small stature weight imballance.  (Read 367 times)

IkarosFell

• New to the Mists
The small stature weight imballance.
« on: September 08, 2018, 12:27:49 PM »
Hey, i have been bothered for a LONG time by how nwn has implemented less carry weight for small statured creatures, but not made items weight less in relation.

To put it simply, a gnome in a fullplate carries the same amount of metal in his/her fullplate as a human does - Because they both weigh the same!

Im not usually talking about such things as "punishments" because its how the game is. However, when you take -2 strenght, and get 3/4'ths carry capacity, and everything weighs the same as for everyone else, i would call that punishment indeed. Its like they didnt know what to do, and just implemented something half-heartedly.

Look here:

https://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/SRD:Table_of_Creature_Size_and_Scale

And here

https://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/SRD:Armor_for_Unusual_Creatures

----------------------------------------------

There is an inherrent injustice in letting small statured chars get the 3/4'ths carry capacity, if none of their items weigh less.

My suggestion is, make armors, shields, weapons weigh less when equipted(or carried i guess) by a gnome or halfling. That would indeed be fair in my eyes.

Maybe another option is to totally remove the 3/4'ths carry capacity, and just hit them with -2 strenght, as it is in the game. That makes it totally fair for all parties. They still get -2 srenght, and can carry less.

--------------

I dont know..... This has just been bothering me for a while, and IMO its preventing some interresting small statured characters in heavy armor an with big weapons/shield.

Any ideas on this topic?

Love from the constantly encumbered Glitterbright Lazze Aagilha Brighteye Sparkleton Goldfeet Junior

aprogressivist

• Dark Power
Re: The small stature weight imballance.
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2018, 12:44:33 PM »
You are incorrect, small statures don't carry less. Test it yourself. A human character with STR 14 has the same carry allowance as a halfling with STR 14, 116 lb.
“Moral wounds have this peculiarity - they may be hidden, but they never close; always painful, always ready to bleed when touched, they remain fresh and open in the heart.”
― Alexandre Dumas, The Count of Monte Cristo

IkarosFell

• New to the Mists
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2018, 01:22:45 PM »
Wow. You're right.

DOnt know where i get those 3 fourths from.... Has it always been like this or is it custom to this server ? Maybe i've been playing nwn2 too long

MAB77

• Developers
  • Dark Power
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2018, 02:14:13 PM »
It has always been like this in NWN. It's not a custom setting. The only penality you have is the racial -2  to strength and the inability to carry large items, but that is only normal.
Best Regards!
MAB

Proud member of the Dev team, kindly working nights and days to bring you all more creative ways to slay all your PCs, faster and more efficiently!

IkarosFell

• New to the Mists
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2018, 02:24:10 PM »
oh pardon. yes thats only fair.

sry for the bs post then =P