Author Topic: Greater Amulet of Geb  (Read 1252 times)

noah25

• Dark Lord
Greater Amulet of Geb
« on: September 01, 2018, 06:04:58 PM »
The minus to AC from the greater amulet of Geb persists throughout shapeshifting. Given my understanding of what transitions when shapeshifting (armor, helmet, shield) this should not occur. I considered the possibility that this may be occurring because the minus to AC comes from dodge AC. However, I used an item that gives a bonus to dodge AC and it did not cancel out the amulet after shifting. The minus from the amulet persisted, but no the bonus from the boots. I would have to imagine this is non intentional seeing as the rational is that the AC +or - should not affect the character once shifting, because AC gained from an amulet is not part of what should merge. Should I expect all negative AC from any item to persist after shifting regardless of the items slot and type of AC granted, or is this just a glitch on a specific item?

EO

• Assistant Head DM/Developer
  • Head DMs
  • Dark Power
  • The one and only, the one everyone wants to be!
Re: Greater Amulet of Geb
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2018, 08:59:43 AM »
Can you be more specific about which shapeshifting spell/feat you are talking about? They don’t all work the same way.

Nemesis 24

• Dark Power
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2018, 10:25:32 AM »
Either way this may occur simply because of the AC type.  Amulets are natural AC boosts, and a shifted form is primarily natural AC.  A negative to that would then apply.

noah25

• Dark Lord
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2018, 09:42:03 PM »
This is in reference to elemental shape and wildshape feats. And the amulets minus is to dodge not to natural armor class.

EO

• Assistant Head DM/Developer
  • Head DMs
  • Dark Power
  • The one and only, the one everyone wants to be!
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2018, 11:18:06 PM »
The wildshape shapes are set up to merge with equipped items but not weapons. It’s not a bug.

noah25

• Dark Lord
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2018, 12:01:43 AM »
But it doesn't merge the boots I have that give a bonus to dodge?

noah25

• Dark Lord
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2018, 12:04:28 AM »
For example:

I shapeshift into my wolf form and have a 28 AC with the amulet and boots of sturdiness equipped

I take off the boots shift again. My AC is still a 28.

I take off the amulet of Geb and shift again. My AC is then a 29.