Within the swirling Mist (IC) > Biographies

The Panther in the moon:

<< < (29/29)

Silas Rotleaf:
A new enemy appears.

One that seems furious we choose not to be afraid of it.
I am... not strong enough to defeat it yet.

The stupid thing tried preying on Native Barovian superstitions very insistently despite that neither of us are Barovians.

I tried explaining that those who worship the Nocturnal Lord, the Lunar Dead God do not fear the undead and that it is thoroughly imbecilic to expect us to be able to fear the night.

Certainly we can fear monsters, that part actually makes sense.  We are taught though from an early age not to fear our own death too much so very much of her monologue about the terrors and how we were tormenting, taunting the powers of the night to be traveling at dusk were wasted breath.

It was a hard fight and she was... more powerful than us. I got a slight brief upper hand and slew her minion but that dirge attack is brutally nasty. I cannot be forced to be afraid by her.

My mental training is such that it does not work very well. Anything short of a roaring pit fiend no longer evokes such a response in me and I have been at that stage for months now. Many of her enchantments aside from the dazing fizzled off me. Too late she adapted dispelling tactics but dawn drew buying us time.
She claims mount Baratak is her domain. What an arrogant creature.

Rozira and I saved each other and I resurrected Lance whom this vampiresse’s enforcer had cleaved to bits with a two handed sword.  We sicken and are tired of the arrogance of Vallaki monsters... even the undead in this region have become quite sanctimonious blowhards. I don’t think our foe this past night cycle was of local stock though.

So it is that we have hit the road again and are back to training.
I had never seen an attack like that supernatural dirge before. So much blue unnatural corrupting fire.

The tactics though... why do vampires seem to always congregate around the fishing lodge? That is werewolf territory. Mt. Baratak and the Terg complex make sense as the heart of the mountain pours near constant effluent negative energy miasma. Why such proximity to the werewolves though?

This undead bardic vampire is not the beast that stalks me in my dreams and the moments between wakefulness and slumber where I am unalert, yet present.  She is not that which haunts in the Dreamtime.
Rozira witnessed our exchange as I fought the vampiress with my every last fiber of my being and was impressed by my staring death in the face and managing to spit in its haughty eye despite it handing my ass to me. I think she is the right one.

My claws twitch. Memory of the claws-of-the-savage trembles within my achingly tired fingers. We dress each other’s wounds and begin training anew in the next few days. I used greater restoration, remove curse, neutralize poison and remove disease on the area which the vampiress had bitten Rozira. The most powerful abjurative cures I can muster for curses and supernatural diseases and her health has improved. *I wish there was a way we could swap imbue our blood with the same properties as holy water...*

I am not a hero.  Excessively being preoccupied with conventional ideas about good and evil has oft struck me as idiotic.

Finally a worthy foe.

Someday soon Death Singer, you will be singing your own death song.
I look forward to getting stronger and my darling one growing more powerful so that things will be more evened in the next arena we inevitably encounter this foul overly-egotistical fiend.

Silas Rotleaf:

I study and meditate........................ while I pray.
The turmoil of this world and having to repeatedly be the one to bury my friends of other ones because they were not adept enough at surviving our harsher one weighs heavily on me.

Let us ponder the words of the Peacebringer and our ancients.
This will be a mental journey for me while Roz is away on her mission.
I hope it goes well.  I will be praying for her.
In the meantime, let us look at the inner space.

Hello loneliness. I will fight to conquer the inner void-beast... once and for all. I accept your challenge.

Thats right... you are throwing down with me now and I am a moarnekone.

An inner daemon, vile and insidious I have grappled with my entire life. Let me take you on, head on. This quest? An internal and spiritual one, not physical.

Spoiler: showOoc I have a month suspension to wait out. As an author and actor this felt like a good conclusion to Cris’s story right now while I wait the sentence out to have him go on another vision quest, straining through dreams and unresolved crud from his past to the present on his own terms. It is a battle of heart and mind plus soul, rather than actual combat. We can say he is wrestling with inner stuff doing this during the month player banishment.  Thanks everybody, you’ve been great and I’m glad I got the chance to finally play the long game and get a character to as high a level as I could get on my cleric.

Silas Rotleaf:
... AND NOTHING.The reward is nothingness?
Nothingness is the state of not existing and being empty of life. Nothing... as in lacking a thing which is wanted or desired. No one. This is the same but for people.  That is the bitter reward for a life of service.  It is not right but who am I to question fate.
We are powerless.

The height of my power is reliant upon other people and community bonds. My spiritual gifts are because I care about other people. They do not share or reciprocate though, so I must simply do so for its own sake.  From serious meaning to seemingly meaningless...

Perhaps this is just the strongest trial of all Yutow. Fine world and universe plane,... bring it.

Hmm, fate is conspiring to return me to Barovia; There is nothing left for me in Dementlieu.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version