You have been taken by the Mists

Author Topic: Divine Vigor is a broken feat and needs a nerf  (Read 6528 times)

BraveSirRobin

• Dark Power
  • "Common sense is not so common." - Voltaire
Re: Divine Vigor is a broken feat and needs a nerf
« Reply #50 on: August 16, 2018, 03:17:44 PM »
Having a Cha modifier of zero would seem to make the feat unusable because its duration would be zero.

Also, I can't see why anyone would invest a feat in it because Turn Undead attempts would be only 3 per day.

You could up that with Extra Turning, but then that's two feats just to try to exploit something of questionable value.

Dunno, as a level 20 Cleric, that's 120 of expendable, otherwise unused HP for shrugging off an IGMS.

Iridni Ren

• L'injustice à la fin produit l'indépendance.
  • Dark Power
  • When all other lights go out
« Reply #51 on: August 16, 2018, 03:22:32 PM »
But it's temp HP. DV's duration is based purely on Cha modifier. If the Cha modifier is 0, how long would it last?

My windows cracked, but they can be replaced.
Your arm will tire throwing stones my way.

BraveSirRobin

• Dark Power
  • "Common sense is not so common." - Voltaire
« Reply #52 on: August 16, 2018, 05:21:12 PM »
But it's temp HP. DV's duration is based purely on Cha modifier. If the Cha modifier is 0, how long would it last?

I haven't tried it myself it figure out if it would remain for a tic or not, long enough to take damage if timed out of sequence. However, even a Cha modifier of 1 can use it like a free action healing spell out of sequence.

EO

• Assistant Head DM/Developer
  • Head DMs
  • Dark Power
  • The one and only, the one everyone wants to be!
« Reply #53 on: August 16, 2018, 05:48:16 PM »

I haven't tried it myself it figure out if it would remain for a tic or not, long enough to take damage if timed out of sequence. However, even a Cha modifier of 1 can use it like a free action healing spell out of sequence.

With a Cha of 1 you can "heal" 20 damage per turn at level 20 4 (up to 6 with Extra Turning) times per day. That’s a potential of 120 healed damage over 60 rounds, about 2 per round. You’re better off investing in healing or regen. It’s no more meant to be a healing ability than Bard Song.

haifisch021

• Undead Master
« Reply #54 on: August 16, 2018, 07:19:46 PM »
This is getting way off topic.

Nothing is getting nerfed. A bug will be fixed to have the feat behave as it was intended.

We're not modifying any other turn undead based feats.

If you have balance issues with other feats or spells. I suggest to have them discussed in their respective threads.

All the Divine feats are standard actions in PnP, including Divine Might/Shield. Changing them all isn’t a bad idea but it’ll have to wait for a hak update.

Me miserable! which way shall I fly
Infinite wrath and infinite despair?
Which way I fly is hell; myself am hell;
And in the lowest deep a lower deep,
Still threat’ning to devour me, opens wide,
To which the hell I suffer seems a heaven.

MAB77

• Developers
  • Dark Power
« Reply #55 on: August 16, 2018, 07:58:48 PM »
My point is not invalidated. There is no plan to change anything at this time. It does not mean that will not change in time. But before we do there would be serious debating done on the dev side.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2018, 08:02:14 PM by MAB77 »
Best Regards!
MAB

Dev. Relationist for the Dark Powers.
1 Castle Road, Castle Ravenloft, Village of Barovia.

EO

• Assistant Head DM/Developer
  • Head DMs
  • Dark Power
  • The one and only, the one everyone wants to be!
« Reply #56 on: August 16, 2018, 10:11:15 PM »
My point is not invalidated. There is no plan to change anything at this time. It does not mean that will not change in time. But before we do there would be serious debating done on the dev side.

As MAB said, there are no definite plans. I merely mentioned it wasn't a bad idea.

dazza555

• Undead Master
  • Calibardbarian
    • http://morningstarani.deviantart.com
« Reply #57 on: August 17, 2018, 09:06:26 AM »
It's cool that a paladin can go 'all-out' in the heat of the moment and potentially screw himself later when he might need to dig deep again. Kind of like how a Spellcaster can fire everything they have at a single target to make sure they've killed them.

Also, I dug this out of the listed spell changes.

Isaac's Greater Missile Storm
Caster Level: Wizard/Sorcerer 6  (Gained at level 11/Wizard, 12/Sorcerer)
Innate Level: 6 School: Evocation
Component(s): V, S Range: Long
Save: None - Spell Resistance: Yes
Area of Effect/Target: Gargantuan
Duration: Instant
Description: A number of energy missiles (one per caster level but to a maximum of 20) appear and randomly target and hit any hostile creature in the area of effect. If there are more creatures than missiles, only the closest targets will be damaged. If there are more missiles than creatures, one of the creatures will be hit with multiple missiles. Each missile does 1d4 +1 points of damage.

• Level 11 11 missiles
• Level 12 12 missiles
• Level 13 13 missiles
• Level 14 14 missiles
• Level 15 15 missiles
• Level 16 16 missiles
• Level 17 17 missiles
• Level 18 18 missiles
• Level 19 19 missiles
• Level 20+ 20 missiles