Author Topic: More Polymorph Forms  (Read 1564 times)

Miuo

• Discord: Miuo
  • Dark Power
More Polymorph Forms
« on: January 01, 2017, 09:11:37 PM »
Would it be possible to add more forms, not necessarily ones meant for fighting, but just alternative forms/options that allow for other roleplay possibilities. Some of the things that came to mind, would two or so mundane (non flying) docile forms of wildlife such as deer/mink that would allow the user to blend in if being perused. Others being perhaps options that are fit the potm atmosphere. Such as Worg, Crag Cat, perhaps even a form or two of undead, like a skeleton or zombie of some sort.

Not really set on anything, my suggestion is mostly just more forms to play around with then we currently have. Would love to hear any other ideas on such from other people.

ethinos

• Keepin' it hardcore since 2nd edition AD&D
  • Dark Power
  • When in doubt, fireball.
Re: More Polymorph Forms
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2017, 01:51:29 AM »
I want normal humanoid ones so outcasts can go to town sometimes, haha.
Torgan Ironshield: Battlerager and smith
Wirth Darmington II: Roguish noble
Kurgh: A simple herdsman

Philos

• Stealth/Detection Cognoscenti
  • Developers
  • Dark Lord
  • Detruisez tous, c'est une obligation!
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2017, 02:50:55 AM »
It might be easy to add the baleful polymorph forms to the regular polymorph spell. Might give you some of the options you're looking for.

DM Cataclysm

• Head DMs
  • Dark Power
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2017, 09:57:10 AM »
There are actually some small forms in Baleful Polymorph - turtle, toad, etc. I think adding those to the polymorph spell is a great idea!

IrishIron

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2018, 05:57:59 PM »
*rubs hands together and places a few candles after setting out diamonds around the post*

Any chance of this having another look? As of now rangers or other classes with use of this can only take the form of an owl if they want to stay to natural creatures and not bounce around as a troll. I'm not sold on mouse myself but mink or crag cat or a wolf or a stag would be amazing.

Arawn

• Developers and
  • Dark Power
  • Gwrandewch ar y cwn.
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2018, 06:55:08 PM »
Like all things, it requires a dev with the know-how having the will and the time. It’s something we have looked into before.
Hir yw'r dydd a hir yw'r nos, a hir yw aros Arawn.