Author Topic: Near Ethereal Bug - Ghost Form Not Applied  (Read 1026 times)

Phantasia

• Stealth/Detection Cognoscenti
  • Developers
  • Dark Power
  • ¿
Near Ethereal Bug - Ghost Form Not Applied
« on: September 11, 2018, 01:40:36 AM »
This has happened to me twice now and I can't explain why. One was under the circumstances of being turned into a corpse when I was Baeful Polymorphed, and now I experienced this bug again when crashing due to an EE bug, and dying to a mass of enemies while flat-footed. When I logged back in, I died as you do if you crash or log out while bleeding, but then I went into the Near Ethereal alive. I could cast spells and do just about anything except rest. Even when in the game world, it says that I cannot rest at this time.

Alive in the NE:

Spoiler: show

Cannot rest:

Logging back in after a time seemed to revert me to ghost state after I entered the world, so it seems there is a bit of a safety net with the death script. I am not so sure this is a character-specific bug I am encountering, or only something that seems to happen when very specific circumstances are met. Regardless, this is the best documentation I can provide on this rather frustrating bug.

Returned to the NE after log in:

As an aside I came back as a zombie when someone tried to resurrect me. This happened twice as well if I recall my previous experience with this bug.

Le cœur voit plus loin que l'esprit.
The heart sees further than the mind.

Quatral

• New to the Mists
Re: Near Ethereal Bug - Ghost Form Not Applied
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2018, 06:49:01 AM »
I've also been encountering this same bug, with near identical issues arising thereof. I couldn't say for sure which circumstances have triggered it, and it seems to be random as far as  I'm aware. Re-logging occasionally fixes the issue as well. I've also noted that the bug will also sometimes port my corpse into the near ethereal, making it impossible to come back into the world as a ghost.

haifisch021

• Undead Master
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2018, 09:48:17 AM »
Same here! It happened to me once in the last NCE and once a little bit more recently.
Me miserable! which way shall I fly
Infinite wrath and infinite despair?
Which way I fly is hell; myself am hell;
And in the lowest deep a lower deep,
Still threat’ning to devour me, opens wide,
To which the hell I suffer seems a heaven.

PrimetheGrime

• Full-time Hunter, Part-time Outlaw
  • Dark Power
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2018, 10:45:58 PM »
It has happened to me twice. I also discovered you can infact get killed by the npcs, but you simply arise after a minute with full health and this will continue until 1. the npc is killed or 2. until you log out

EO

• Assistant Head DM/Developer
  • Head DMs
  • Dark Power
  • The one and only, the one everyone wants to be!
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2018, 09:10:55 PM »
Those bugs should now be fixed. Can anyone confirm?