Author Topic: The Maimed One- Adalia  (Read 868 times)

Knight of Rhodes

• The Butcher of Barovia
  • Dark Lord
The Maimed One- Adalia
« on: August 04, 2018, 06:50:11 PM »
Adalia Rayne

Entry One
How lucky I am, how bright my heart.  I have friends, in Jadis and Grizzle. Mentors of the Triadic Knights in Imrae and Joanna, and naught more or less than the legend in the flesh that pushed me through my darkest hour of training, Sir Zachary Dalensbane.

I was but a girl of ten, when the brigands of Waterdeep came to collect upon my fathers debt.  How dear to me, my father and mother, Magnus and Cecelia Rayne were- and how the screams of their final moments haunt me so.  I was barely a girl, far from  an adult, when I felt the eternal energy of a God consume me- the vision of red cords wrapping themselves around my burning carcass.  My flesh turned to leather, and my bones turned to steel, yet I lived.  The house came crumbling down upon me- support beams from the attic falling on me that would have killed a normal woman. The wood splintered, and the fire burned with a terror unrivaled, yet I did not die. 

I felt his heart, his sorrow at my suffering.

I felt Kelvemor's judgment delayed, and the light at the end of this hectic tunnel fade. .

And then I saw him.  He called himself Siegfried, and told me that my life was chosen.

But what was it chosen for, besides to endure and overcome the terror I had been subjected too?

My Lord Ilmater,

I pray that your love, and the love of Siegfried and Isadora had not been placed in me in vain. 

-Adalia.

Now, we must all fear evil men. But there is another kind of evil which we must fear most, and that is the indifference of good men