You have been taken by the Mists

Author Topic: Forest Fane Spawn Level  (Read 1221 times)

immasturgeon

• The Underworld
  • Undead Master
Forest Fane Spawn Level
« on: May 05, 2020, 01:05:01 PM »
Since the new update I haven't seen the Forest Fane reach the previous high spawn levels.

I haven't seen it grow beyond Great Crushers + Lookouts + Warriors. I understand that there are great many things that could affect the spawn and this could just be random chance, but it seems to me to not be growing past this level. Even when waiting a few hours an checking back it has, a couple times, remained at this spawn level. Enough of a pattern for me to ask about it at least.

Just putting this out there to see if anybody else has seen it be Great Crushers + Assassins + Grand Master Swordsmen and wondering if the ogre CR changes might have impacted it.

Thanks
« Last Edit: May 05, 2020, 01:09:51 PM by immasturgeon »

DM Erebus

• Dungeon Masters
  • Dark Power
Re: Forest Fane Spawn Level
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2020, 02:21:06 PM »
I upped the CR on Ogres and Ogre Beserkers - the lower two tiers of ogre that spawns in Vallaki / on the Ascent to the Pass. Neither spawns at the Darklings, so shouldn't have any impact.

I didn't tinker with the forest fane other than to add trap nodes.

HopeIsTheCarrot

• Red Vardo Traders Front
  • Dark Lord
  • Discord: HopeIsTheCarrot #5147
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2020, 05:16:13 PM »
I also haven’t seen the assassins or swordsmen since the update, but the dungeon does seem pretty highly frequented lately.

Delita

• Outlander
  • I once bit a horse
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2020, 06:30:08 PM »
I've been the place a couple of times. Never seen a Grandmaster. But of course it might just be my luck.

Spawn was always low on my attempts.

zDark Shadowz

« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2020, 07:37:50 PM »
It's been happening since before the update. No more grandmasters & assassins.

A year or two ago I had noticed that there were two variants of darkling spawns, one of primarily ogres and the other of primarily darklings with ogres mixed in, so I just figured it was a variant of the primarily ogre set.

I couldnt say what affects the spawn at all that'd cause the current situation, maybe there's two halves to the spawn and people would have to kill just the ogres for a while until the darklings have room.

I havent seen any darkling assassins or grandswordmasters in the Mists for a while though either, maybe something has happened to their resrefs or blueprints.

The warriors and lookouts are currently appearing while the chests are at their highest DC locks & value from appearances.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2020, 07:40:10 PM by zDark Shadowz »

HopeIsTheCarrot

• Red Vardo Traders Front
  • Dark Lord
  • Discord: HopeIsTheCarrot #5147
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2020, 07:46:58 PM »
I saw some assassins and grand swordsmasters in both Darkling and Mists a couple of weeks before the update. Haven’t been mist walking enough since the update to confirm or deny their existence there post update though

immasturgeon

• The Underworld
  • Undead Master
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2020, 08:34:06 PM »
I've seen the darklings in the mist since the update both Grand Masters and Assassins, though the overall mob strength has been lower with varied enemy types instead of just those at full spawn.

Nothing so far fetched in the mists that would raise a red flag to me. It's so random as it is.

Revenant

• Noot Noot
  • Dark Lord
  • Stealth/Detection Cognoscenti
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2020, 08:43:42 PM »
I've seen the darklings in the mist since the update both Grand Masters and Assassins, though the overall mob strength has been lower with varied enemy types instead of just those at full spawn.

Nothing so far fetched in the mists that would raise a red flag to me. It's so random as it is.

I believe they're talking about the Darklings in East Barovia.
Vicerimus Mortem.

immasturgeon

• The Underworld
  • Undead Master
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2020, 09:00:18 PM »
Quite, the OP (which was me) indeed was talking about Fane. But Shadowz and Hope mentioned the mists, which is what my previous comment was directed toward.

Kaninchen

• Undead Master
« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2020, 10:43:23 PM »
I'm not sure how dungeon ramping up in strength works, but could the addition of traps in the zone added to a possible CR cap?

Chabxxu

« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2020, 10:41:11 AM »
I think the Forest Fane is indeed bugged out. The Chest DC were at 38 and 40, which used to be the very max they could be, and there was only lookouts and warriors for darklings.

DM Erebus

• Dungeon Masters
  • Dark Power
« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2020, 12:08:55 PM »
I've just checked on the test server, and it does indeed not look right. Not sure why, but I'll try and get a fix out soon.

Chaoshawk

• Dark Power
« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2020, 07:02:17 PM »
This is true of the Terg ruins dungeons as spawn is high spawn as are the locks, yet, the spawns do not reflect this and oddly the bone golems spawn fine with very weak vampires. Normally the bone golems are replaced by flesh golems when it's lower spawn and this is not the case as of late. Same thing in purple terg with slow shadows instead of swordwraiths, yet, the loot is still high spawn.
"In all chaos there is a cosmos, in all disorder a secret order."