Author Topic: The Loots: A Cry for Help :<  (Read 1741 times)

DM Cataclysm

• Head DMs
  • Dark Power
The Loots: A Cry for Help :<
« on: July 10, 2018, 11:00:05 AM »
There seem to be some wacky goings on with the loot in various dungeons since NCE. I've spoken to quite a few others who can confirm as well, but a lot dungeons (even on max spawn) seem to have a large amount of low-GP items. I've run into this a huge amount lately, but I've posted a couple of strange examples below:

Har'Akir: Temple of Sobek

The 6 sarcophagi in the chamber outside of the final/Hotep's room are typically really littered with low GP items. The last I was there (on max spawn) these primarily contained things like healers kits, rope, a few Backstabbers (which can usually be sold for around 50gp), +1 lockpicks, etc. There was only 1 notable item in all six sarcophagi, which was a pair of Cat's Walk boots.

In the final chamber, 1 chest contained a Rod of Terror, 1 backstabber, and a caloric shield. The other contained 1 GP items only.

Hazlan - Curst Cave (Tusmorke Skoven - South - Cave)

On max spawn, this one is particularly sporadic. On the top level of the cave, there may be 1-2 lower-middle range items in each loot pile (level 3 scrolls, magic pouch, etc) - but there are also usually a lot of random things dumped in - such as pot helmets, woven cloth belts, etc.

The three chests on the bottom level are usually all DC 51 for the locks at the highest level. Lately, two are DC 51 and one is DC 35. The DC 35 chest always contains a bounty item, along with a lot of 1 GP items. The other two are very sporadic and may contain some middle range items, along with some low end items. I haven't seen anything on the higher end/any new items that have been added to the loot tables or anything extremely rare drop here in a long time.

I've also had similar experiences in the Ghastrian Church (this one has been particularly bad for very low end items), Harvest Temple, and the three chests that are accessible outside in the Forest, before the salt mines in Veidrava/Sithicus.

I know a lot of people have talked about this lately, but I wasn't sure how much had actually been reported - so I thought I'd throw something up here :D 

ladylena

• Gundie Mom
  • Dark Power
  • Meow!
Re: The Loots: A Cry for Help :<
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2018, 12:32:44 PM »
That is something I've noticed as well. A lot of places that are higher difficulty seem to have a lot of low tier items. Could be horrid luck and looters, but could be worth looking into
Currently playing:
                          Narcissa Bogdan

Dumas

• Dark Power
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2018, 02:53:14 PM »
I would think that none of those dungeons listed should contain 1gp loot such as gems and pot helms and cloth belts. Even on lowest spawn, those places should certainly reward more.

Nemesis 24

• Dark Power
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2018, 08:03:53 PM »
It might be an oddity.  For example, I found on the Hags a selection of decent gear, but mixed with it each time was a worn cloth belt, woodsmans outfit and a plain helmet.  That could be linked somehow.

Pav

• Stealth/Detection Cognoscenti
  • Dark Power
  • Heard it all before, pal.
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2018, 02:02:51 AM »
Can confirm that there is barely anything anywhere worthwhile.

IrishIron

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2018, 03:39:42 AM »
Yes this has been an ongoing conversation in a few circles. Loot is so bad temple of Sobek half the crew didn't even take shares so the other half would have something to show for thier time.

I've been recording some of our loot from places like the hags. I know others are getting similar loot drops as one just commented they got a machete from the hag for it's drop. -1 ab.

Have Forest Fane: max spawn

Hag (yes the hag) dropped- two worn cloth non magical belts. Belladonna. Demonologist staff. <- use to be able to find that staff in rubble piles. Now it seems like it's the best thing a hag could offer

Swamp: high spawn

Pot helm
Regular hood
Belladonna
Bascinet helm<- regular helm
Black cloak
Resist elements scroll
Golliath Slayer sling
Dragon eye

Forest fane take 2: max spawn

Locked gauntlets
Acid storm scroll
6th circle druid spell
Stag helm
Embroidered silk mantle
300 gp
Cheese of odors<- this the hag dropped

And this is being repeated all over to the point that collecting necklaces of Kali and dragging them all the way back from the desert across the server to a merchant that buys garbage at fair prices and has a low cap for items is the only viable way to make any coins. Rp wise ppl don't even consider, in the large group of mostly new ppl to the serverb I travel with, the hags to be worth thier time because thier shares being handed out is averaging 163 gp per person. Lvl 9 and 10 characters doing kroftburg runs because there isn't a whole lot of options for loot that is being sold by old characters that has skyrocketed in price because well... They don't drop anymore. Making a very large gap between ppl that have gear and ppl that do not. Many lvl 10s are scraping together coins just to ride the wagon out of barovia. Can't buy potions. And have to raid drobita, have an herbalist friend, or continue to raid low lvl areas for knuckles. Never been in har akir before picking up every knuckle but you just can't pass them up now cause you can't afford potions.

Planks of wood.
Nonmagical helms
Nonmagical hoods
Nonmagical cloaks
Spices

Have become regular finds for dangerous places.

Now you either have to be rich or know someone or both to get some fair gear.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2018, 03:44:03 AM by Fearghas »

DM Cataclysm

• Head DMs
  • Dark Power
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2018, 05:19:00 PM »
Perfidus - Temple seems to be experiencing this issue to a degree as well. The final four chests in the Inner Sanctum do have some good items. The other chest earlier in the temple seems to have an issue with low level items.

Also, creatures that drop items on their corpse are looking to have a lot lower level items than they previously had.

Spoiler: show

The True Demonologist in the Inner Sanctum used to drop several high level items - level 8/9 scrolls, large amounts of gold, and higher end loot items. Below is what he dropped today (temple on max spawn). He did have 1 Ring of Parting Prevented, which is nice - but the rest was really odd (those are 1gp tarnished wedding bands and copper rings). Malthor had a similar cluster of items - but didn't have anything as valuable as the parting prevent ring. Primarily low end gems.

IrishIron

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2018, 01:45:28 PM »
Came out of max spawn cursts. 3k total to show for the efforts. Darkwood large shield. Regular helms. Cloth worn belts. No items of use. Unless you count a bear endurance set of boots. Between burning supplies in way of healing potions and else either you don't even end up breaking even or you lose money. Adventuring becoming an issue enough that places are being avoided as you slowly hemerage money while adventuring in previous favorite places for gold spelunking.

Is there any word from on high about what may be going on?

MAB77

• Developers
  • Dark Power
« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2018, 03:19:56 PM »
I prefer not to get too technical. But know that we are keenly aware of the problem and are looking for ways to rectify that. Be patient please, if the fix was easy it would already have been implemented. But we are all agreeing, proper loot for the right challenge rating, as soon as possible.
Best Regards!
MAB

Dev. Relationist for the Dark Powers.
1 Castle Road, Castle Ravenloft, Village of Barovia.