Author Topic: Bug Report NWN EE(?) - Uncanny Dodge II  (Read 1669 times)

Always_a_hero

• Undead Slayer
  • You wanna know a secret? I don't.
Bug Report NWN EE(?) - Uncanny Dodge II
« on: July 01, 2018, 07:27:24 PM »
The reasons I'm putting an interrogation mark is due to the feat being "hardcoded" (as I've read in another post) and also to what would be considered "flanking".

To flank is to be directly on the other side of a character who is currently attacking another character. A flanking attacker gains a +2 flanking bonus on attack rolls against the defender. (This does not count towards the +20 attack bonus cap.) A rogue can sneak attack a defender that he is flanking. -http://nwn.wikia.com/wiki/Flank

So this bug or "question" would be if Uncanny Dodge II, removing the condition of being flanked, would also remove that +2 AB. And if it's supposed to, it doesn't, such as in the following screenshots:

Spoiler: show

In this case the "Dire Rat" is the target while the "Rat" is the flanker. They would both normaly have the +4 to their AB but yet the "Rat" still has a +2 bonus due to flanking despite having the feat Uncanny Dodge II.

Either solvable or not, I'd like to know. Thank you~
Jacob Dumérite: The Sparkling Mind
Maximir Vaileshta: Crow of White Feathers
Jestian "Coal": <Blank Space>

EO

• Assistant Head DM/Developer
  • Head DMs
  • Dark Power
  • The one and only, the one everyone wants to be!
Re: Bug Report NWN EE(?) - Uncanny Dodge II
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2018, 12:49:21 AM »
Sounds like an EE bug. Can you report here with screenshots?

https://support.baldursgate.com/projects/nwn-ee-public-bugs/issues

Only way they will fix it.

EO

• Assistant Head DM/Developer
  • Head DMs
  • Dark Power
  • The one and only, the one everyone wants to be!
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2018, 03:48:10 PM »
Thanks for reporting it. Looks like they will work on it:

https://support.baldursgate.com/issues/37916

Always_a_hero

• Undead Slayer
  • You wanna know a secret? I don't.
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2019, 02:57:26 PM »
Bumping this one up from about a year old now.

As it now been discussed with Beamdog, it seems the feat Uncanny Dodge II was never designed to act like a new Dwarven Defender Defensive Awareness, which was suggested through the following description of the feat:

Spoiler: show

However, this new description seems to be unique to Ravenloft's server as it doesn't appear in new campaigns as well as on other servers not using Hak Packs. So I'd like to ask the team once again if the feat's purpose was modified to fit PotM or if it's something which came up with the transition to EE. If this new description is not part of the Developper's doing, then I suspect Beamdog may have forgotten to update their feats' description due to miscommunication.

Thank you
Jacob Dumérite: The Sparkling Mind
Maximir Vaileshta: Crow of White Feathers
Jestian "Coal": <Blank Space>

zDark Shadowz

« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2019, 05:05:55 AM »
Its unfortunate that the flank attack bonus is still in there, and it's part of those hardcoded attack rolls so only beamdoggy can fix it when they acknowledge it.

The resistance against sneak attacks from rogues that aren't tough enough applies well enough though.

(I call it resistance rather than immunity because you can still be sneaked if you are caught unawares from stealth and/or you are caught flatfooted (not in combat)).