You have been taken by the Mists

Author Topic: Launcher not working  (Read 1156 times)

AgentGibbs

• Outlander
Launcher not working
« on: June 25, 2018, 07:07:08 PM »
I originally got this issue when trying to play both on the old server and EE and played with a bunch of files, but since then I have fully uninstalled and reinstalled the launcher, and I still get this error. I would prefer to use the launcher, but since I can still connect through steam and what not this is not an overly pressing issue for me at least.

https://puu.sh/ALVVy/66a5d15554.png

Exordium

• Developers
  • Dark Power
Re: Launcher not working
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2018, 07:36:19 AM »
Can you locate nwn.ini file and tell me where it is?

Unfortunately the Neverwinter Nights data path where nwn.ini is, doesn't seem to be put into registry nor is it found in any easily findable config file for EE, so I had to hard code the path (User/Documents/Neverwinter Nights/nwn.ini) to the launcher.

AgentGibbs

• Outlander
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2018, 11:56:26 PM »
I fixed it just from your post, the folder was in the wrong place >.>

ASymphony

• Professional Shitposter
  • Dark Lord
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2018, 07:57:26 AM »
No way to ask for a path selection? Seems like this might solve the issue.

Exordium

• Developers
  • Dark Power
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2018, 09:08:52 AM »
Well it could be added to it, but unfortunately I didn't except EE to change as many things as it did regarding file structure. So the code isn't super clean in that regard.

I'd prefer figuring out how NWN EE itself finds nwn.ini's location. I don't see it written to the windows registry and I don't see any configuration file in NWN EE's installation location pointing to where nwn.ini is, so I guess it's hard coded.

AgentGibbs, where was your nwn.ini located at before you moved it? I could make the launcher look there as well for it..

AgentGibbs

• Outlander
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2018, 07:21:39 PM »
With my windows 10 and steam install it was located in my OneDrive documents folder and not my user documents folder just moving it over fixed the error I had